I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream... Especially for The Best Ice Cream at The Jersey Shore.

1. Hoffman's Ice Cream & Yogurt 

Hoffman's is truly the best ice cream at the Jersey Shore, if not the world. Every flavor I've tried I've loved including some unique to Hoffman's: Banana, Sea Salt Caramel Latte, Fudge Mint Cookie (tastes JUST like a Thin Mint) & Jersey Monkey. Hoffman's has four locations at the Jersey Shore, the original located in Point Pleasant is the motherland for all of their other locations. All of the ice cream is made on site and then sent to their other locations in Spring Lake, Little Silver, and Long Branch. Hoffman's is the best ice cream at the Jersey Shore because of its array of flavors, generous sizes, and its locations are accessible to all beach goers in New Jersey.

Walking into Hoffman's can be a little overwhelming due to the amount of flavors, cones, milkshakes, and even the soft serve is incredible. For your first time, I would suggest ordering the Cookie Monster ice cream, consisting of blue ice cream, cookie dough, and brownies pieces. Cookie monster ice cream will make you feel like you're seven again and what's better than that? 

Hannah Valente
Fair warning your tongue WILL turn completely blue.

If you're up for a little adventure or if you're with some friends I would suggest ordering the Octopus Sundae, a huge bowl filled with 8 scoops of your favorite flavors, 8 toppings, whipped cream, and a cherry. If you're feeling up to the challenge order the Octopus solo, finish it in 8 mins, and you just won a free tee shirt and your picture on the wall! I have yet to complete this challenge, but one day at a time.

Hoffman's is located at Point Pleasant: 800 Richmond Ave, Spring Lake Heights: 569 Church Street, Little Silver: 78 Oceanport Ave, and last but not least, the one you'd be hard pressed to not see me at is in Long Branch: 444 Ocean Blvd North.

Hannah Valente

Pictured here is a classic Hoffman's sundae with chocolate chip mint, chocolate peanut butter, hot fudge, and whipped cream!

2. Strollo's Lighthouse 

Before Hoffman's opened in Long Branch, the choice was very easy on where to go for ice cream every single night. Growing up in Monmouth Beach, New Jersey, just a mile away from the Lighthouse, was ideal for having ice cream every night. I've been to Lighthouse in the rain, hail, on beach days, for lunch, and have waited in line for close to an hour just to taste some of the best ice cream at the Jersey Shore. 

My sisters and I were even featured multiple times on the photo board at the "Old Lighthouse" before the "New Lighthouse" opened two blocks closer to my house!

Lighthouse is a Jersey Shore icon, and is open seasonal. Lighthouse is famous for its Italian Ices, soft serve, shakes and hurricanes. The Lighthouse is located in Long Branch and also has locations in Red Bank, Point Pleasant Beach, and West End. 

If you've never been to the Lighthouse before I suggest you order Cherry, Lemon, and Blue Raspberry Ices, not only is this order Insta perfect, it is delicious, & American! Another personal favorite of mine is Root Beer Ice and Vanilla Ice Cream in a squeeze cup or Pistachio Ice, there's truly nothing better or more refreshing. 

If Italian Ice isn't your thing, the Lighthouse's soft serve flavors are the best I've ever had and the flavors of the day range from Nutella and Coconut, to my favorite Mint served with chocolate chips.

3. Kohr's Frozen Custard 

Growing up at the Jersey Shore, some of my favorite memories are of the Point Pleasant Boardwalk. The rides are great, and nothing beats Wristband band night, getting to ride all of the rides without worrying about tickets. Also, the arcade always offers hours and hours of fun, and the Boardwalk stands are still some of my favorite things to do over the summer. However, the best part of Point Pleasant for me was Kohr's Custard to end the night.

Kohr's Custard is the greatest not only for its creamy consistency and perfect swirl, but the flavor combos are incredible. Kohr's offers soft serve Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberry Banana, Creme De'Mint, Raspberry Creme, Chocolate Chip Mint, & Orange Creame that are each offered with a Chocolate or Vanilla swirl. 

Kohr's has been a Jersey Shore staple since 1923 and their iconic stand will be an iconic Ice Cream of the Shore for generations to come.

P.S. Being the best ice cream spot at the Jersey Shore of course means that sometimes there could be long lines... but I assure you it is worth the wait. 

And don't forget, there's always room for dessert!