SAS Cupcakes closing is probably one of the saddest things that will happen to UD this semester. Their cupcakes were the bomb.com, and Main St. won’t be the same without it. Here are some of the things we’ll miss most about this wonderful cupcake shop:

1. $2 Tuesdays

cupcakes

Photo by Caroline Grew

No Tuesday will be the same without one of SAS’ $2 cupcakes. Now where are we supposed to go after classes to get our sweet-tooth satisfied?

2. The free icing samples

cupcakes

Photo by Caroline Grew

One of the best parts about going to SAS was getting to try the many different free icing samples on the counter. These little cups with the little spoon could put a smile on your face no matter what. Anything free is good and free icing is better.

3. The seasonal flavors

At least we still got to taste the yummy autumn flavors pumpkin spice, apple cinnamon, sweet potato. But the winter holidays just won’t be the same without their peppermint and eggnog cupcakes and cute decorations. And let’s not forget about their summer cocktail cupcakes; I’m talking about you margarita and piña colada.

4. The cute gifts

cupcakes

Photo by Caroline Grew

Even though SAS was known for their cupcakes, they also had cute, girly knick-knacks and candies that were great for making gifts. Even the cupcake boxes could be decorated and personalized. What other place could we can eat and shop for cute things at the same time?

5. The friendly workers

Not only did the atmosphere of SAS with its bright pink color brighten up your day, but the workers would also always put a smile on your face. There was one worker in particular who was always smiling and extremely helpful. No other place on Main St. has the same kind of happy atmosphere that SAS did, and it will be greatly missed.

Although SAS closing on Main St. is heartbreaking, it is not gone forever; there are still two locations in North Carolina. Basically, we’re all going to have to make it our mission to have a road trip and go visit SAS to get our cupcake cravings satisfied.