Dunkin's seasonal items are always out of the box, and this year, the breakfast and coffee chain had a few fun additions to their Valentine's menu. We went on a search to try as many of these items as we could, and succeeded in finding everything but the Brownie Batter Donut (but it sounds pretty good judging the name). Here is what we thought of their limited menu for this year.

Olivia – Brownie Batter Signature Latte

Ellen Feng

As a self-professed Dunkin' aficionado, I love trying seasonal drinks every year and seeing if they live up to the hype. I love chocolate, so I was super excited to try the new Brownie Batter Latte, but unfortunately, I was disappointed. The Brownie Batter Latte tastes like any other chocolate-flavored coffee, there’s nothing in the drink that screams brownie batter. The coffee and chocolate flavors overwhelm each other in the drink, leaving me underwhelmed with this Valentine’s Day special. On top of that, the brownie batter flavor really has nothing to do with the holiday, making me wonder why Dunkin' didn’t bring back the popular Pink Velvet Macchiato from a few years back.

Ellen — Cocoa Mocha Signature Latte

Ellen Feng

If you’re a coffee lover, the Mocha Coffee is not for you. This drink is extremely milky with lots of chocolate flavor, but was really lacking in the coffee department. The look is akin to this description as well: chocolate milk. I felt that at least the style of the drink could have been spruced up a bit more, with some chocolate syrup on the sides or some other fun toppings, but the drink really just left me wanting more. You can get your drink hot or iced, but for me, next time I will be sticking to my regular Dunkin' order.

Hanna – Cupid's Choice Donut

Hanna Zakharenko

This donut was the perfect Valentine’s Day item. It was in the shape of a heart and covered in pink strawberry frosting and sprinkles (my favorite donut topping). Filled with Bavarian cream, this donut tasted like if strawberries and cream were a donut. It paired well with my morning cup of tea, and is a great alternative if you aren’t a fan of chocolate, which is in a lot of Dunkin’s other Valentine’s specials.

The icing on the cake (or donut) is that the Cupid’s Choice donut is very photogenic. If you are looking for a fun, tasty prop for a Valentine’s Day post, this item is where it’s at.

Mary – Strawberry Dragonfruit Dunkin' Refresher

Mary Lorenz

The Strawberry Dragonfruit Refresher was exactly what I expected - very pink, and very sweet. Strangely, the drink came in a holiday-themed cup reminiscent of Christmas, not Valentine’s Day. When tasting the drink, you may not initially notice its sweetness. However, the drink’s aftertaste is the sweetest part, so just wait a moment. Unlike a typical Starbucks refresher, the drink does not come with any frozen strawberry pieces. For Starbucks lovers, you may be disappointed that the refresher is just that - only the drink itself, nothing more. You certainly won’t find fault in the taste of the drink, though. Overall, for anyone who is not a coffee drinker, this drink is a great option to start your day with an energizing treat.