It’s winter time on a college campus which means that everyone is passing around their bad germs. Roommate to roommate (or hookup to hookup)–no one is safe. When you finally get bogged down with that sore throat, bad cough, or super runny nose, the only thing that seems to make you feel better is a warm, tasty, cold-curing soup. Here are some of the best soups on campus. (And if you’re one of those who doesn’t want to get out of bed, don’t worry, some of these places deliver.)

Gia Pronto: Order Gia’s classic chicken noodle soup. It’s tasty with a creamy feel, packed with lots of veggies, and full of chicken. (If you’re a vegetarian like me, the 10 vegetable soup is equally as good with plenty of hearty vegetables). Added bonus: all Gia soups come with their fantastic multigrain roll.

Want to Cure Your Cold? Best Soups on Campus:

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Location: 38th & Spruce Street, Philadelphia PA 19104
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 7am-8:30pm, Sat: 9am-8pm, Sun: 9am-8:30pm

Hip City Veg: Get Hip City’s hearty quinoa chili. It’s a thick bean and tomato based soup filled with plenty of vegetables. The quinoa makes the chili more filling and contrasts the somewhat spicy taste of the soup. Add the tortilla chips for an extra crunch. And if you’re feeling lazy and sick, Hip City delivers.

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Location: 214 S. 40th Street, Philadelphia PA 19103
Hours of Operation: Sat-Sun: 11am-11pm

Cosi: Cosi’s famous tomato soup is a sweet and creamy delight. Small scattered chunks of tomatoes add a little texture to the otherwise smooth pink soup. Be sure to dip their multigrain flatbread into it.

Location: 140 S. 46th Street, Philadelphia PA 19104
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 6:30am-11pm, Sat-Sun: 7:30am-11pm

Mizu: The miso soup at Mizu is your classic Japanese soup. It is light but not too light and seasoned to perfection. Mizu delivers speedily, so the soup is perfect for when you’re sick and want something hot and soothing.

Location: 111 S. 40th Street, Philadelphia PA 19104
Hours of Operation: Sat-Sun: 11am-10pm

Capogiro: The split pea soup at Capo isn’t always available, but when it is, its the perfect stomach-warming meal. It is hearty and filling without being unhealthy and cream-based.

Location: 3925 Walnut Street, Philadelphia PA 19104
Hours of Operation: Mon-Thu: 7:30am-11:30pm, Fri: 7:30am-1am, Sat: 8am-1am, Sun: 10am-11:30pm

Magic Carpet: In the winter, everyone lines up to get some of Magic Carpet’s veggie chili. It is thick and full of vegetables. Ask for cheese (and hot sauce if you like it spicy).

Location: 36th and Spruce (outside lower quad gate) or 34th and Walnut
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 11am-2pm