The vegan and gluten-free fare has been a growing trend for quite some time now, especially in our city of health-conscious, work-out crazy, superfood and green juice advocates. There are copious amounts of vegan and gluten-free-friendly restaurants popping up all over the city. Here are five great places to hit-up for that health kick.

M CAFÉ DE CHAYA

This LA favorite is a casual sit down restaurant that focuses on contemporary macrobiotic cuisine. They have a great deli salad bar, where you can find their signature dishes like peanut kale and soba noodles, with a vast menu of great selections from grain bowls, salads and sandwiches. This particular café isn’t all vegan, as they do serve salmon and black cod. However, if you’re just easing your way into a vegan and gluten-free diet, this is a great place to start.

LOCATIONS: Multiple locations – Melrose, Beverly Hills, Culver City

WHAT TO ORDER: The Big Macro Burger, The M Chopped Salad, Peanut Kale, Soba Noodles

CAFÉ GRATITUDE

Café Gratitude is one of the most popular vegan feel-good-food sit down restaurants in the city. This place is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a relaxing and romantic vibe, perfect for that first date. They have their own garden for their restaurant called Be Love Farm, making sure to provide you with the freshest produce available. All dishes here are complex, creative and extremely flavorful, and you definitely can’t miss out on their smoothies… check out their mint chocolate chip shake – it’s a milkshake without the guilt.

LOCATIONS: Multiple Locations – Larchmont, Venice Beach

WHAT TO ORDERPure (Marinated Kale Salad), Humble (Indian Curry Bowl), Liberated (Kelp Noodle Pasta), Cool Smoothie (Mint Chocolate Chip Shake), Luscious Smoothie, Adoring (Tiramisu)

FLORE VEGAN

Located in the heart of Silver Lake sits this small and casual diner-esque spot that you wouldn’t think would serve up incredible vegan dishes. They have an extensive menu featuring familiar dishes that they have transformed into vegan-friendly ones. Their most popular dish is the Tempeh Reuben, which uses the popular soy protein in replace of traditional corn beef, layered with their incredible cashew cheese and sauerkraut, tastes just like the traditional Reuben. They also feature a deli-counter where there are numerous vegan and gluten-free sweets to choose from. Hands down, one of our favorite vegan spots in LA for a good, hearty meal.

LOCATIONSilver Lake

WHAT TO ORDERTempeh Reuben, Tempeh Tu-No Melt, Burrito Flore, Cashew Cheese Plate, Nachos

FALA BAR

If you’re craving Middle-Eastern cuisine, check out this new, casual falafel bar on Melrose that features five different kinds of falafels. Choose from original, spicy, crunch and more – all vegan and gluten-free! Their menu ranges from salads, plates and sandwiches, with the option to go gluten free and substitute pita bread with cabbage leafs. Falafels with a massive dollop of hummus makes for an awesome lunch, so be sure to check this place out the next time you’re around the Melrose area.

LOCATION: Melrose

WHAT TO ORDERFala Sandwich on Warm Pita, Fala Me to KALEfornia Salad, Falafel Balls Sampler

SAGE VEGAN BISTRO

This vegan bistro is popular for using jackfruit in dishes like nachos, street tacos and “tuna melts”. They have a wide range of items on their menu, but a dish that you definitely cannot miss is the Jamaican Jerk Burger… A black bean and walnut burger with caramelized onions and mangos that hit just the right sweet notes, creating a well-balanced burger that you’d never believe is vegan. They also serve KindKreme ice cream, which is organic, raw and vegan. This place is almost too good to be true.

LOCATION: Multiple Locations – Echo Park, Culver City

WHAT TO ORDER: Jamaican Jerk Burger, Jackfruit Nachos, Raw Tacos, Gluten-Free Bowl of Soul, Superfood KindKreme Ice Cream

M Café De Chaya

7119 Melrose Ave,

Los Angeles, CA 90046

(323) 525-0588

Café Gratitude

639 N. Larchmont Blvd,

Los Angeles, CA  90004

(323) 580-6383

Flore Vegan

3818 Sunset Blvd,

Los Angeles, CA 90026

(323) 953-0611

Fala Bar

7751 Melrose Ave,

Los Angeles, CA 90046

(323) 424-7131

Sage Vegan Bistro

1700 Sunset Blvd,

Los Angeles, CA 90026

(213) 989-1718