While Paris may be the city of love, Providence can be just as romantic, and has plenty of restaurants to enjoy this Valentines Day. From a candle-lit dinner on Federal Hill, to 7-course tastings on the East Side, there is something for everyone, no matter what your budget is.

Mill’s Tavern

Day

Photo courtesy of providencejournal.com

Located on North Main Street, just a short walk from The Cove, Mill’s Tavern has a cozy, laid-back atmosphere that provides a unique fine-dining experience. The menu rotates seasonally, and locally-sourced products are used. For Valentines Day, there is a special menu with a wide-variety of options to chose from. From Black Tiger Shrimp to Foie Gras, and of course, the rack of New Zealand land, there is something for everyone. For dessert, choices range from Creme Brulee to White-Chocolate Matcha Mousse. Whether it’s Valentines Day or just a night out, this is not a place to miss. Mill’s Tavern will have its Valentines menu available from Friday, February 12th to Sunday, February 14th.

Mill’s Tavern Hours:

Monday-Thursday: 5:00 p.m .- 10 p.m.

Friday-Saturday: 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.

Sunday: 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

The Duck & Bunny

Day

Photo courtesy of Simone D’Agostino

Up on Wickenden Street, about a 10-15 walk from Gaebe Commons, we find ourselves at a cute pink house, The Duck & Bunny, a “snuggery” known for its wide variety of tea and both savory and sweet crepes. A “snuggery” as defined by Duck & Bunny, is “a cosy and comfortable place”. The goal? To create a space to enjoy delicious food and provide a place to escape from a hectic lifestyle.  Their extended hours make it a favorite for late-night munchies. On Valentines Day, they are offering a special 7-course tasting menu for $100 per couple. Options include Caviar Blini using whole grain Icelandic Caviar, Bacon Wrapped Dates, The Duck & Bunny Roll, a cheese board, and Panna Cotta Cream Puffs.

The Duck & Bunny is also the ultimate place for Sunday Brunch, afternoon tea, or late-night cupcakes. You can reserve the restaurant for tea parties and other soirees.

The Duck & Bunny Hours:

Opens everyday (except Mondays) at 10 a.m.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday open until 11:00 p.m.

Thursday open until 12 a.m.

Friday & Saturday open until 1 a.m.

Kabob & Curry

Day

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

Spice up your valentine’s day by taking a trip to Kabob & Curry. Less than a mile from Gaebe commons, Kabob & Curry is offering a tasting menu for $15 per person. The menu consists of Egg and Shrimp Balchao, Lamb Dum Biryani and Chicken Curry with Kohlrabi. An optional wine pairing is also available for $6 per person, and vegetarian options are also available.

Kabob & Curry Hours:

Monday-Thursday: 11:00 am- 10:30 pm

Friday-Saturday: 11:00 am-11:00 pm

Sunday: 11:30 am to 10:00 pm

The Grange

Day

Photo Courtesy of Marie Clark

If you are looking for a Vegetarian or Vegan friendly restaurant to spend your romantic evening, The Grange on Federal Hill is the way to go. For Valentine’s Day, The Grange is offering a 5 course dinner prix fixe menu for $55 per person. Some options include smoked parsnip, corzetti, squash fritter, and black forest cake in a jar. An optional beverage pairing for $45 is also available.

The Grange hours:

Monday-Friday 11:00 a.m – 12:00 a.m

Saturday-Sunday: 9:00 a.m – 12:00 a.m

XO Cafe

Day

Photo courtesy of XO Cafe

Named The Most Romantic Restaurant in RI in 2016, by Town and Country Magazine, XO Cafe is definitely not a place to skip. Like many restaurants in Providence, XO Cafe focuses on Farm-to-Table. For Valentines Day, XO Cafe is offering a special for $30 and less per person. Aside from Valentines Day, they offer specials such as Fried Chicken Night, Pajama Brunch, and 1/2 price bottles of wine to top off your Monday.

XO Cafe hours for Dinner:

Sunday- Thursday: 5pm – 10pm

Friday & Saturday: 5pm – 11pm

Camille’s

Day

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Nothing says “I love you” more than a romantic, candlelit dinner at a traditional Italian restaurant. Located on Federal Hill, right off of Atwells, Camille’s takes you back in time and serves quality Italian cuisine. On Valentine’s Day, enjoy options such as jumbo lump crab cakes, pan fried calamari, filet mignon, and shrimp scampi. Camille’s is also perfect for anniversary dinners and other occasions.

Camille’s Hours:

Monday- Saturday: 11:30am – 3pm and 5pm – 10pm

Sunday: Closed

Clean Plate

Day

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

Located on South Water Street, right on the water, this is a chic place to grab a delicious meal on a budget. The food is unique and tasty and the ambiance is subtle yet classy. Menu options range from Stuffies, a Rhode Island classic, a P.B.B.B.B or a burger with peanut butter, bacon and fried banana, to a variety of sandwiches and even poutine. Clean Plate is a great place if your unsure what type of cuisine you want because of its diverse menu.

Clean Plate Hours:

Monday:  Closed

Tuesday-Saturday: 11 AM – 9 PM

Sunday: 9 AM – 3 PM

Whether you spend your Valentines Day at an exclusive restaurant or in your dorm eating Dominoes, a day spent with your loved one is a day well spent.