Pura Vida will be opening in the Hillel building mid-April. For some, this will be the day where they can finally say goodbye to the food court and for others, it will be the day where they can finally get a good meal on campus. Pura Vida currently has one location in South Beach, where they have been serving up healthy, nutrient-rich foods since 2008, and now they are bringing that to the University of Miami campus. They will have an array of food on the menu, including acai bowls, smoothies, breakfast, juices, wellness shots, bowls, wraps, snacks, coffee and teas. Although everything on the menu looks incredible, here are some of the dishes that I am most excited to try. 

Acai bowls and smoothies

While I have had my fair share of your usual acai bowls, I have never had a PB Energy bowl, which will be on Pura Vida's menu. This bowl is made with raw organic Brazilian acai blended with banana and peanut butter, then topped with strawberries, bananas, vegan and gluten-free granola, goji berries, almond slivers and cacao nibs. After having class from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., I will definitely be needing this energy. I am also looking forward to trying the Welcome To Miami smoothie which will be made with passion fruit, mango, banana and honey. 

All day breakfast

While most people on UM's campus are probably most excited to try the various avocado toasts on the menu, I am actually looking forward to the Sofi Lox Bagel, because I'm allergic to avocado and have also just recently become a huge bagel person. This bagel will be served with cream cheese, smoked salmon, sliced tomato, red onion and microgreens. 

Bowls

I truly can't believe I will be able to get this beauty on campus. The Mango Salmon bowl comes with oven roasted salmon, organic quinoa, arugula, avocado, cherry tomatoes, mango, spinach, pickled cabbage and Pura Vida sauce. And of course since I am allergic to avocado, I am praying that they will be able to leave ingredients out upon request. 

Wraps

This Kale Caesar Adashah wrap is made with kale, vegan adashah (lentil-based protein), multi-grain croutons, parmesan cheese and homemade caesar dressing. It also comes with a side salad, Pura Vida sauce and your choice of spinach wrap, gluten-free wrap or wholewheat wrap.

While I have never tried Pura Vida, I have heard amazing things about their South Beach location and can't wait to try everything I have pointed out plus a ton of other dishes on their menu. To check them out yourself, head over to the Hillel building on campus Sunday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with the exception of Friday when they close at 3 p.m. And yes, you read that right. Pura Vida is open on Sundays for some pre and/or post club Richter grub. For updates on when they will be opening, check out their Instagram