Most people can't live without a crispy, cheesy, warm slice of pizza. Long Islanders certainly can't. Long Island is home to some of the best specialty pizza out there, and luckily, satisfying slices are available all over the island. I decided to think outside of the pizza box and show you some of LI's specialty pizza. 

Mac n Cheese Pizza, Mario's 

Warm, gooey, cheesy, and crispy. What more can you ask for? With or without bacon, the Mac n Cheese pizza from Mario's will cover all of your cravings.

Buffalo Chicken Pizza, La Piazza 

La Piazza offers endless options for pizza. The one that stands out is the Buffalo Chicken pie. It's creamy, spicy, and sweet. Your tastebuds will awaken. 

White Pizza, Cipollini Trattoria & Bar

pie, cheese, bread, pizza
Emma Fein

The crispy crust and creamy ricotta create a balanced bite for your tastebuds. A hint of tomato around the edges reminds you of a classic slice. 

Cauliflower Pizza, Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza 

Come to Anthony's with a big group and be prepared to share. The pies are huge. The best on their menu is the roasted cauliflower pizza, which includes a crunchy crust, mozzarella, Romano cheese, bread crumbs, and roasted cauliflower. This pizza is a clever way to get kids to eat veggies. There are locations throughout Suffolk and Nassau county. 

Classic Cold Cheese Pizza, Little Vincents 

salmon, pizza
Rachel Rosenstein

Little V's specialty cold pizza slice is loved by many Long Islanders. The cold mozzarella cheese melts on the warm crispy pizza for a creamy and enjoyable bite. 

S'mores Pizza, Red Tomato 

Dessert for dinner always sounds good. This pie has the power to make your day. The thin crust with Nutella and toasted marshmallows on top is made for sharing. 

Tomato Soup Grilled Cheese Pizza, Phil's 2 Pizza  

Phil's 2 Pizza offers a wide selection of extravagant pizza. The grilled cheese and tomato soup pizza is a match made in pizza heaven. The gooey cheese bites and the rich tomato flavor topped with fresh basil is the perfect comfort food. 

Finding unique and delicious pizza on Long Island is no longer a struggle. Each of these pies are sure to please even the pickiest of taste buds. Save a slice for me!