Most college girls spend their Saturday mornings passed out in bed. I spend mine at the farmer’s market. While waking up at 9 am on a weekend is certainly a struggle, it’s all worth it when I step into that magical lot of tents.

The Charlottesville City Market can be very overwhelming, so Spoon has done all the work for you and compiled a list of the must-visit stands. From one foodie to another, here is your ultimate guide to the Charlottesville Farmer’s Market.

Breakfast

Pearl Island Catering

farmer's market

Photo by Zoe Denenberg

Pearl Island Catering is bringing bold Caribbean flavors to Charlottesville. They make a combination of rice, bean and meat dishes, but I would definitely recommend the eggs-any-style breakfast.

Chef Tony

farmer's market

Photo by Zoe Denenberg

Tony is cookin’ up some killer custom omelets under his blue tent. Add anything from spinach to mozzarella cheese to your omelet and Tony will toss it on his grill. Throw in as much produce as you can, it’s all as fresh as it gets.

Bageladies

farmer's market

Photo by Zoe Denenberg

A step up from Bodo’s, these grilled bagel sandwiches are the gourmet hangover cure. And trust me, they’re worth the trek over to the Charlottesville Farmer’s Market. They make egg and cheese varieties and vegan vegetable bagel sandwiches.

But for the days when you just can’t make it out of bed before noon, here’s how to revamp your Bodo’s order.

Lunch

Mexican Tacos

farmer's market

Photo by Zoe Denenberg

These tacos are as authentic as you can get. Make sure to get your tacos early because by 11 am the line will wrap around the corner. Don’t worry, the wait isn’t too bad when you get to watch the employees fresh press and grill the tortillas for your custom tacos.

Cheese Tasting

farmer's market

Photo by Zoe Denenberg

No farmer’s market experience is complete without a sampling of gourmet cheese. Our favorite is Fromage Frais with Truffles from Caromont Farm.

Dessert

Paradox Pastry

farmer's market

Photo by Zoe Denenberg

Fresh beignets. Need I say more? Paradox Pastry is frying these bad boys on site and covering them in powdered sugar. Not only are these treats delicious, but they’re also a bargain: get 3 beignets for just $4.

Sweet Sandies

farmer's market

Photo courtesy of sweetsandies.com

Upgrade your favorite childhood snack with Sweet Sandies’s homemade Pop-Tarts. We recommend the strawberry-lemon Pop-Tart. And on hot days, this nostalgic stand’s ice cream sandwiches hit the spot.

Hudson Henry Baking Co.: Good News Granola

farmer's market

Photo courtesy of rvanews.com

I know what you’re thinking: is granola really a dessert? But trust me, this granola is so good it’ll make you forget about those cookies. Good News Granola passes out samples of its five flavors at the farmer’s market, but if you can’t make it one morning, this granola is also sold at Whole Foods. #score

If you’re looking for more healthy substitutes, check out this article.

Drinks

Gypsy Juice

farmer's market

Photo by Zoe Denenberg

After a long morning of wandering around the farmer’s market, a tall glass of juice is much needed. Gypsy Juice makes a variety of different lemonades, the flavors ranging from strawberry to sage peach.

Mountain Kombucha Culture

farmer's market

Photo by Zoe Denenberg

I know what you’re thinking: what exactly is Kombucha? According to Mountain Kombucha Culture, it’s “a raw, fermented beverage containing naturally occurring probiotics and organic acids.” This local Kombucha uses only fair trade and organic ingredients and you can taste the difference.

Can’t make it to the farmer’s market this week? Well, you’re in luck. Spoon is co-hosting our very own produce party in the amphitheater on Sunday, April 24th.

I hope this guide helps you make the most out of your next Saturday morning at the Charlottesville Farmer’s Market. I will leave you with one final tip: never go home without your very own loaf of bread.

farmer's market

Photo by Zoe Denenberg