Craving a gourmet experience?

Located between Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market, the newly opened Heartwood Provisions offers visitors a real gourmet experience with its carefully curated dish and cocktail pairings.

gourmet

Photo courtesy of www.heartwoodsea.com

Heartwood opens promptly at 4 pm for light snacks and drinks and starts serving dinner at 5 pm. The dining space, divided into four sections, offers the visitors plenty of room and a choice to socialize with friends at the bar, share an intimate conversation by the wine cellar or sit at the kitchen counter for a better view into the open kitchen. Heartwood’s refined interior implies but does not require a fancier dress.

Heartwood Provisions offers a great variety of dishes, ranging from vegetarian to carnivore, raw to cooked, light snacks to butcher steaks. The portions tend to stay on the smaller side, allowing the visitors to order several dishes to try with a cocktail that complements each dish.

The menus change weekly, but my personal favorites are white anchovy, grilled scallops, and the deconstructed key lime mousse. All the dishes are beautifully presented and perfectly cooked.

gourmet

Photo by Sara Sagadiev

The white anchovy come with cured egg yolk and red pepper sorbet – a creative and unexpected combination of ingredients that ends being a must try.

gourmet

Photo courtesy of www.heartwoodsea.com

Another highlight that many visitors share is the deconstructed key lime mousse that hides inside a sphere of sugar.

The waiters and staff are friendly and highly knowledgeable on the menu. They offer excellent advice on dish and cocktail pairings outside of the suggested ones highlighted on the menu. The waiters promptly bring out the dishes within a 20-minute span. The delicious food, stellar service, and relaxing ambiance have quickly made Heartwood Provisions into one of Seattle’s most beloved gourmet restaurants.