Take a break from the typical downtown restaurants and explore a hidden treasure off the beaten path. Tranquil Bar and Bistro is everything your gourmet, miss-moms-cooking, heart desires.

As you walk in, the artsy yet classy ambiance draws you in and instantly creates a warm and homey feeling. Once your settled into your seat, you forget your in Binghamton and actually feel like you’re at a cool French bistro in New York City.

Photo by Sandy Li

Tranquil just acquired a new head chef in September so if you thought they were good before, wait until you try them now. With dishes prepared to perfection, how does one decide what to order? Here’s a few dishes to help you get started.

I tried a few dishes that are served solely for restaurant week and they definitely did not disappoint.

Appetizers were pleasing to both the eyes and tastebuds… take a look at the Socca Roulade and Ahi Tuna Tartare!

Photo by Sandy Li

Photo by Sandy Li

Entrees range from Eggplant Napoleon to Trout Meurier! Here’s a sneak peek…

Photo By Sandy Li

And of course there’s dessert to finish your meal on a sweet note! Some creme brûlée please!

Photo By Sandy Li

Stop in for Restaurant Week runs, which runs from now until Thursday, April 2. If you don’t have a car to get there, don’t worry! It is a short walk from BC Junction or take the LRS, which delivers you virtually at their doorstop. But don’t stop at Restaurant Week; Tranquil’s regular menu is comprised of completely different dishes, yet equally tasty ones. I heard its brunch is good too!