Every college town has their fair share of coffee shops, but everyone knows some rank high above the rest. Here's a list that's been compiled of the five best coffee shops in Lexington for all of your coffee shop needs. 

Coffee Times

A photo posted by Aaron Evans (@mraaronevans) on

If you're looking for a great coffee shop to meet up with some friends, get some work done or even just to relax in on a rainy day, Coffee Times is the place for you. Get cozy in their welcoming atmosphere and grab yourself a cup of joe and maybe a muffin on the side. If you're a fan of waking up in the mornings and brewing your own coffee or maybe some tea, check out their store at the front of the shop to purchase your own fresh coffee beans and/or tea leaves.

#SpoonTip: If you're going to be there for awhile and you're a fan of plain hot coffee, go for their daily brew ... it's bottomless! 

Coffea

A photo posted by Ella + Zoë (@girlmeetslex) on

This coffee shop is a great stop for coffee, lattes and tea. They offer plenty of different flavors. You can seriously get a different type of coffee each time you go. This is also a great place to study, but be sure to get there early, especially during finals week because the place gets packed pretty quickly. 

#SpoonTip: you can get any of their coffees and teas hot or iced. 

Common Grounds 

A photo posted by Natalie Read (@readitwright) on

There is just something special about a coffee shop that has murals on its walls. It makes it feel a little more homey and welcoming. Common Grounds has several  rooms with plenty of space to hang out with some friends or get your studying on. It definitely helps that they have some great coffee and just as equally great food. Plus, if you're more of a tea drinker, but love the coffee shop aesthetic, Common Grounds can hook you up with some great looseleaf tea. 

#SpoonTip: Head out to Common Grounds (on East High St) on a Monday night for Open Mic Night. 

Third Street Stuff & Coffee

Want to try Kentucky's best coffee at the cutest coffee shop in town? I'm guessing you said yes and that means you have got to get down to Third Street Stuff. This shop is a coffee lover's dream. The atmosphere is perfect if you're looking for a quiet spot to work or just to sit and relax with coffee and a book. Better yet, their coffee is local and organic. They also offer locally baked bagels, breads, and sweets. 

#SpoonTip: Try the Iced Mocha Nut if you're as Nutella obsessed as we are! 

Broomwagon

Broomwagon is a coffee shop unlike any other. That's because not only is it a coffee shop, it's also a bike shop, beer garden, and cafe. You can hang out at Broomwagon and get a grilled cheese, beer, and coffee all at the same time (and if you're a bike person, you can purchase a new bike or repair your old one while you're at it). You may be asking when you would ever want to be doing all of those things at the same time, but the thing is, it's the fact that you can, not that you necessarily ever will. In addition to all of that, this is a great coffee shop with a vibe like no other. You definitely don't want to skip out on this one when heading to the best coffee shops in Lex.

#SpoonTip: The Broomwagon Grilled Cheese really is a great addition to their cold brew (;