Summer in Atlanta is no joke…it’s not called Hotlanta for nothing! Don't get me wrong, I love summer, but sometimes the blazing Georgia sun is so strong, and you are just dying for something cold and sweet. Whether you're looking for the perfect spot to cool off when you're out on the Beltline, or just wanting to try a new dessert place with your friends, use this list as a guide to the best places for a cold summer treat on those hot Atlanta days.

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams

Jeni’s is an ATL classic. With locations all around the metro area, this is a go-to for those steaming summer days. Make sure to stay up to date with their seasonal flavors, as they are constantly adding more delicious and fun flavors to their menu! My personal favorite is the Salty Caramel paired with Darkest Chocolate. This sweet and salty combo is unmatched. You can also buy Jeni's pints at any of their locations, as well as most grocery stores to have on-hand at home!

King of Pops

Not an ice cream fan? King of Pops has popsicle stands all around Atlanta. My favorite one is a little window right along the Beltline, or the pop-up cart near Piedmont Park. You can find carts all over the city, especially in the warmer months. Check out their Instagram to stay updated on the pop-up locations.

You can even book a popsicle cart for your own event!

These popsicles are so perfect to cool you down after a long walk or bike ride. Their refreshing flavors range from sweet, like Strawberry Lemonade and Raspberry Lime, to salty, like Chocolate Sea Salt. Whichever flavor you pick, you can’t go wrong! If you’re over 21, check out the King of Pops Bar at Ponce City Market, where they pair refreshing popsicles with creative cocktails.

Butter & Cream

Butter & Cream’s hand-crafted ice cream is the sweetest treat. All of their hand-crafted flavors are so creamy and delicious, and include creative twists on your classic ice cream flavors. My personal favorites are East Pole Coffee and Butterscotch Brownie. They also have delicious dairy-free options, so creamy that you can’t even tell the difference! Butter & Cream has two locations in Decatur and along the Beltline. Whether going on a mid-day ice cream run with your friends, or stopping for a break mid-Beltline stroll, this is a spot you do not want to miss!

Playa Bowls

Located right next to Butter & Cream's Beltline location, Playa Bowls is your go-to for a slightly healthier option. Their menu has countless refreshing options from decked out açaí bowls to green smoothies. You can create your own bowl with bases like açaí, pitaya, or a blend of other fruits. Top off your bowl with your favorite toppings, and this sweet treat will leave you wanting to come back for more.

Now you know where to turn when you need that refreshing scoop of ice cream or an ice-cold smoothie in the middle of a blazing hot summer day. With these top recommendations, I hope this list keeps you cool all summer long!