Everyone needs a little break from Reamer and dining hall food every now and then. What better way to enjoy some quality sushi than at some of the best restaurants right near U? We decided to look into some of our favorite sushi restaurants around Union that offer the popular Japanese fare, as well as all kinds of different Asian style dishes we think you’ll love. We did the research, now you just need to try them out. Let’s roll.

1. Mizu Sushi

Sushi

Photo courtesy of Amanda Matluck

With an outstanding average of 4.5 out of 5 review on Yelp, this restaurant tops our list as the favorite. This little establishment is full of deliciously creative sushi that is freshly prepared every time. This gem has full bragging rights to the best quality food, nice food proportions, and excellent service, both in the restaurant and when ordering take-out. Overall we deem this the best restaurant to order the best sushi you deserve.

“Mizu’s sushi is always well prepared and nicely presented, and they provide excellent service both in-restaurant and through delivery.” -Johnathan C.

2. Mr. Wasabi

Sushi

Photo courtesy of @caitminer88 on Instagram

We all know and love Mr. Wasabi for its quick, easy, and delicious sushi and Asian dishes. This restaurant comes in a close second with an average of 4 out of 5 stars, according to Yelp. The restaurant is great to grab take out if you aren’t in the mood to drive over and eat there (we all have those days). The rolls are especially tempting with the fresh ingredients and other great options ranging from kani salad, to fried rice, to any type of hibachi you can think of. Overall, Mr. Wasabi is an affordable and quality sushi restaurant that we will always love. And they deliver, a college students dream!

“This place is consistently good. Definitely high quality sushi and a nice menu.” -Hannah S.

3. Thai Thai Bistro

Sushi

Photo courtesy of Thai Thai Bistro

This little restaurant comes in a close third place with an average of 4 stars on Yelp. The food is always fresh and delicious. This fun restaurant is great for a nice dinner out and will always satisfy those Thai food cravings.

“I feel like the sushi here has better portions than other restaurants in the area and it’s always fresh and well-prepared as well as reasonably priced. I have never had a negative interaction with a server and I’ve been here at least a dozen times – everybody is friendly and attentive.” -Sarah K.

4. Mr. Fuji Sushi

Sushi

Photo courtesy of Mr. Fuji Sushi

Mr. Fuji is another one of our favorites, and a place you must visit. With an average of 4 stars this place is worth the money. If you get a chance to go, “they have an amazing peanut avocado roll,” -Jenna L., and you will not be disappointed.

“This place is really good. The service was great, the food was great, the atmosphere and decor were great. It seemed a little pricey at first, but the portion sizes were generous and the food was amazing.” -Cait J.

5. Sake

Sushi

Photo courtesy of Josh K. on Yelp.com

This place has a little bit of everything. It has great hibachi, but if you’re not in the mood for the live show of the flaming onion towers, they have other options in the regular dining room. The food is cooked to perfection and the sake isn’t too bad either. It is their name after all.

“I’ve never been disappointed in the sushi entrees here. I enjoy the hibachi entrees as well, as their chefs take their skills to the table and make it entertaining for kids and adults alike.” -Vicky L.

6. Jade Bistro

Sushi

Photo courtesy of @stephdejohn on Instagram

This restaurant comes in with an average of 4 stars and is hard to beat. The food is wonderfully flavorful and always fresh. Jade Bistro is one of the “best Asian Fusion restaurants in the Capital District,” says Benny W. There is something for everyone here and if you get a chance you should definitely check it out.

“The food was very good. We got general so chicken and two different sushi rolls. Everything was delicious and all the wait staff was so friendly.” -Trisha V.

7. Zen Asian Fusion Mojito Lounge

Sushi

Photo by Sydney Block

We all know and love Zen. This restaurant is an overall favorite for the entire area, and for a good reason: the mojitos. This restaurant comes in with an average 3.5 on Yelp, but the food and the drinks are awesome and it’s the best option closest to campus. Zen is always a favorite for anyone and a great option for a night out with friends.

“The sushi is out of this world delicious! I love sushi and these rolls are so wonderful and beautifully presented.” -Rosalba D.

So now you know some of the best sushi near U, which will you try first?