It’s Saturday morning and you and your friends are just waking up from a wild night out, a cram session at the library, or another crazy and exciting activity that U of T offers and you need one thing – brunch. Here’s a lazy person’s guide to get the best brunch around campus.

1. Overeasy – 208 Bloor Street West

brunch

Photo courtesy of @melaniedinallo on Instagram

This classic brunch spot is only steps away from campus and a personal favorite of mine. As the title suggests, you can get any type of egg under the sun, as well as other classic breakfast foods. My personal recommendation? Eggs in a Hole. A classic Montreal bagel with cheesy eggs and bacon, all cooked to perfection? Sign me up.

2. Flo’s Diner – 70 Yorkville Avenue

brunch

Photo by Sarah Katz

This spot might take a bit of digging (#SpoonTip: head to the second floor) through Yorkville, but you won’t be disappointed. This place offers all types of delectables, from your classic eggs & bacon to an array of lunch options. In the warmer months, the patio is open for those mornings when you’re craving some sun.

3. Insomnia – 563 Bloor Street West

brunch

Photo by Sarah Katz

If you’re hanging around the Annex (as most U of T students do at one point or another), Insomnia is the place for you. Steps away from Bathurst station, Insomnia has anything you’re craving – from brunch to cocktails to pizzas. This place has a nice atmosphere with twinkly lights and a great menu to boot.

4. Fran’s – 20 College Street (Multiple Locations)

brunch

Photo courtesy of deema_eats on Instagram

This place is a shout out to all the U of T kids at St. Mike’s and Victoria College. A 24-hour old fashioned diner, Fran’s is the place to go morning or night. Their menu is extensive and awesome, my personal favorite dish being the “Big Breakfast”. Although a bit of a trek from main campus, if you live over on the east side of things, Fran’s isn’t too far of a trip and most definitely worth it.

5. Aunties and Uncles – 74 Lippincott Street

brunch

Photo courtesy of @thatsopho on Instagram

Aunties and Uncles is an adorable little breakfast stop along College Street, not too far from campus. The menu is smaller than other places but the quality always delivers. I was pleasantly surprised by the Challah French Toast, my favorite growing up and a pretty hard meal to find. Make sure to hit the ATM before coming here, they’re cash only.

6. Old School – 800 Dundas Street West

brunch

Photo courtesy of @emceelac on Instagram

If you follow any Toronto food instagram, you’ve heard of Old School. Another 24 hour diner, this place offers beautiful meals that genuinely look like art. The decorations are fun to look at as well as get that perfect shot for your followers. Trust your eyes here; if it looks delicious, it probably is. Although it’s not right by campus, a hop on the College or Dundas streetcar will take you right there.