Everyone knows there’s no better excuse to get off campus and go out to dinner than a friend’s birthday. Birthdays let us start off the inevitable weekend (or week, we’re not judging) of birthday festivities, so check out these affordable hotspots on the Main Line to make your friend’s birthday dinners fabulous.

birthday

Crust Brick Oven Pizzeria

birthday

Photo courtesy of Crust Brick Oven Pizzeria

Located right on Lancaster, Crust offers gourmet options at a low cost, which makes it perfect for big groups. All the food is outstanding, but your best bet is to get one of their speciality pizzas. From the Blanca to the Prosciutto to the Fire Roasted Chicken, you literally cannot go wrong. If you’re over 21, it’s also BYOB.

Avenue Kitchen

birthday

Photo courtesy of avenuekitchen.com

If you’re looking for something a little fancier, check out Avenue Kitchen. The atmosphere is modern and clean, and the food is impeccable. They offer an extremely extensive selection of classic American favorites, and it’s hard to not order the whole menu. If you’re looking for the perfect appetizer, don’t forget to order the hand cut chips and chive buttermilk dip.

Xilantro

birthday

Photo courtesy of xilantro.com

Xilantro is a birthday classic, as they offer a full tequila bar and a huge menu of authentic Mexican options. Their guac is easily top three I have ever tasted, and their mahi mahi fish tacos are to die for. If you catch them in the summer, make sure to eat on their adorable outdoor patio.

Christopher’s: A Neighborhood Place

birthday

Photo courtesy of christophersaneighborhoodplace.com

You haven’t lived until you’ve tried a fried avocado, so I suggest you head over to Christopher’s as soon as possible. They have a ton of seating for large groups, and offer a huge array of different foods. My personal favorite is the grapefruit avocado salad, but whether you get pasta, a salad, or a burger, get ready to be in love with your meal.

Azie On Main

birthday

Photo courtesy of azieonmain.com

While we think their rolls are amazing, Azie is way more than just sushi. So, if you have someone in your group who isn’t into fish, don’t worry. They offer dishes inspired by cultures all over the globe; my personal favorite is the lettuce wraps.

But, if you’d rather brunch, this is no doubt an outstanding place to birthday brunch on the Main Line. Stop by their Omelette station, grab some fresh fruit, enjoy a shrimp cocktail, or hit up the sushi bar. No matter what you choose, your meal will be amazing.

El Limon

Happy cinco de mayo!! ????

A photo posted by Katrina Parsons (@trinybop) on May 5, 2015 at 3:18pm PDT

Originally located in Conshohocken, El Limon was so popular that they opened two new locations right near Villanova’s campus. Check them out in Ardmore or Bryn Mawr for a bangin’ quesadilla, or for one of the best burritos of your life. (Don’t believe us? Yahoo food rated this one of the best burritos in America). They easily accommodate large groups at a low cost.

O-toro

birthday

Photo by Gaby Maniscalco

O-toro offers the perfect mix of sushi and tapas. With a group of eight people, we must have ordered over 15 dishes for the table, and ate literally every last bite. All of their sushi is amazing, but when ordering small plates, the shoestring fries, steak dumplings, ahi tuna nachos and the KFC skewers were some of our favorites.

So, next time you have a birthday, grab your friends and hit up one of these classic Main Line favorites. Whatever you’re in the mood for, the area definitely has something to offer, and each and every one of these restaurants will never disappoint.