Summer is approaching, which means we’re all patiently awaiting summer break, tanning, and sleeping in until the PM. All of this is great, but if you’re from Riverside, you know what else is coming: those triple digit temperatures, day in and day out. With the Inland Empire’s scorching heat, money ain’t no thang when it comes to keeping yourself cool by blasting the AC all day… that is, until the bill comes and you actually have to pay for it. If you’re paranoid about those utility bills skyrocketing, grab a couple friends and head over to one of these awesome dessert spots. Here are some recommendations to chill out and keep the heatstrokes at bay.

1. Shaved Ice from Sweet Daily

Photo from Yelp

This newly opened cafe offers so many different types of desserts. From alkaline lemonades to stuffed churros, and even rainbow cake, there’s something for everyone. Hydrate yourself with one of their shaved ice cups.

2. Italian Ice from Frostbites

Photo by Sara Kim

Unlike the new Sweet Daily, Frostbites Frozen Delights has been around for years in Riverside and is the go-to dessert place for visitors and locals alike. It’s one of the most poppin’ spots for dessert because of the wide variety of Italian ice flavors they have. Although their crepes are delish, opting for a nice, cold cup of soft serve and Italian ice might be perfect for them sweaty summer days.

3. Mangoñadas from La Michoacana

Photo by Sara Kim

Let your dessert dreams run wild with La Michoacana’s option to let you choose your sherbert! You can go traditional with mango or get creative with any of their other flavors. All that matters is that it’s drenched in chamoy and lime juice.

4. Sorbet and custard from Toi Moi

Photo from Yelp

If you dig the whole Frostbites thing but want a little more sha-bang in your dessert, head over to Toi Moi. You can choose the Italian ice with or without sorbet, custard or yogurt, and three toppings. Not only does it taste amazing, but it will be an aesthetically pleasing blast of saturation on your Instagram feed.