If you are like me, the words “vegan” and “butcher shop” probably never crossed paths in your mind. Well, that is, until now. Aubry and Kale Walsh, a brother and sister duo out of Minneapolis, Minnesota, have just opened the first ever all vegan butcher shop… and it’s amazing.

Infused with flavors of their native Guamanian cuisine, their wide array of meatless (for lack of a better word) meats are so rich and flavorful you would never guess that they are 100% vegan.

Vegan

Photo courtesy of @carmenmildred on Instagram

With products ranging from spicy chorizo and smokehouse BBQ ribs to specialty dairy-free cheeses and organic snacks, this place is seriously the real deal. Each product is made with environmentally friendly, sustainable, plant-based ingredients and parallels real meat in terms of protein content (take that, carnivores).

Their website includes comprehensive product-by-product nutritional information, as well as tasty and easy-to-follow food preparation guides. So next time one of your non-vegan friends asks you the infamous “How do you possibly get enough protein without meat?” question, just tell them you visited The Herbivorous Butcher.

Vegan

Photo courtesy of @theherbivorousbutcher on Instagram

Aubry and Kale pride themselves in contributing to the effort to decrease the deforestation, water pollution and greenhouse gas emissions that accompany the ever-increasing global demand for meat.

With a surge in the popularity of veganism for both health and environmental reasons, this shop could not have emerged at a better time. Vogue featured the shop in a trendy article about plant-based butchers, The New York Times delved into the environmental reasons behind the duo’s unique shop, and Food Network applauded The Herbivorous Butcher in an expose surrounding healthy eats and a vegan lifestyle.

Vegan

So all you vegans (and carnivores) out there, make sure to stop by The Herbivorous Butcher next time you find yourself in Minneapolis… it won’t disappoint.