Funky dessert cafes are all the rage nowadays, and New York City is the best place to find the quirkiest ones. Sweet Moment, located in Manhattan’s Little Italy neighborhood, has latte art that is almost too cute to drink. We've all seen pretty patterns on top of coffee drinks (am I the only one who thinks it makes them taste better?), but this marks a turning point into the world of latte art. Plus, these adorable drinks taste even better than they look! In addition to their specialty lattes, Sweet Moment also offer a selection of extravagant desserts, such as waffles with ice cream piled on top and cute cat cookies on a stick.

Claire Wang

Lattes

I tried their famous cold art lattes, which are served with colorful flavoring and an adorable little face on the surface. They are called “creamart”, and rightfully so. I ordered two of their most popular latte flavors: ube (a purple yam found in the Asian tropics) and red velvet. Both of the lattes were brightly colored—red for red velvet and purple for ube—with adorable faces artfully drawn in the foam.

Claire Wang

To make the characters, the barista first added the colors and flavoring into the milk. Then it gets steamed and delicately transferred on top of the coffee. Finally, the face is constructed with tiny dots of coloring and a steady hand. All of this amounts to the cutest latte you will ever see in your entire life! Who doesn’t like colorful cartoon faces on top of their drinks? Regular latte art patterns are so 2000 and late! 

Claire Wang

Dessert

In addition to their drinks, Sweet Moment lives up to its name with their desserts. Named the “Ice Cream Deluxe”, their signature treat is essentially a variety of ice cream flavors piled on top of a waffle. It features generous scoops of green tea, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, and Superman ice cream that carefully sit atop a warm and toasty waffle. If that isn’t enough to satisfy your sweet tooth, there is also rainbow sprinkles, Oreo crumbles, brownie chunks, and an ice cream cone to complete this truly deluxe dessert. 

Claire Wang

Sweet Moment also has other pasties and sweet goodies that are sure to make any sweets lover swoon with delight. This gem of a dessert cafe is the perfect place for a quick and sweet bite! Plus, your insta feed will thank you. 

To see more of this restaurant and the coffee creation process, check out this video