Due to its location in between the Mississippi and the Gulf of Mexico, New Orleans cuisine is all about seafood. Home to centuries-old oyster bars, NOLA restaurants are shucking the some of the country's best. New Orleans is also the birthplace of the famous dishes Oysters Rockefeller and Oysters Bienville. These 10 spots are serving the best oysters in New Orleans, and they won't disappoint. 

1. Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House, located in the French Quarter, is a New Orleans classic. Acme has been serving authentic New Orleans seafood since 1910 when Acme Cafe opened on Royal Street. Today, Acme has locations throughout the Gulf South. From oyster shooters to fried oyster po'boys, Acme has an oyster for everyone. 

2. St. Roch Market 

Elysian Oyster Bar in St. Roch Market features freshly shucked gulf and P & J oysters. Don't miss out on Elysian's Happy Hour deals: $6 for 6 oysters Monday-Friday from 4-6 PM and 75¢ oysters every day from 9 PM-close. Pair Elysian's oysters with drinks made by the master mixologists at St. Roch's bar, The Mayhaw.  

3. Superior Seafood

Superior Seafood is perfect for Tulane students and visitors – it's right on the streetcar line (save money and skip the Uber), the menu has something for everyone, and it's seriously affordable. The restaurant has a full-service oyster bar where you can eat and watch the shuckers do their work. Finally, two words: Happy Hour. Oysters are 50 cents every day from 4-6:30 pm. 

4. Felix's Restaurant and Oyster Bar

Felix's Oyster Bar is considered to be the original New Orleans Oyster Bar. Felix's has been dedicated to serving fresh local oysters since the 1940's, and they never fail to meet their promise. Felix's serves oysters in every classic New Orleans preparation – raw, chargrilled, and, of course Oysters Rockefeller and Bienville. 

5. Lüke

Lüke, one of the restaurants in the Besh Restaurant Group, offers oysters from the Raw Bar as well as various oyster dishes, including oysters stuffed with gulf shrimp and blue crab and a fried oyster salad. Lüke, located in New Orleans' Central Business District, has a relaxed setting and simple dishes that are ideal for a slightly more upscale oyster-eating experience. 

6. Pascal's Manale

Pascal's Manale is a historic, family-oriented restaurant located at Napoleon Ave and Dryades St. The restaurant is over 100 years old and still has the original oyster bar from its opening in 1913. Topless oysters are served at the bar every day but Sunday along with Oysters Rockefeller and Bienville.  

7. Kenton's 

A relatively new spot on Magazine Street, Kenton's has mastered the art of the oyster platter. The raw oysters are served with the garnish of cilantro salsa verde, fresno chiles, and lime – a sophisticated alternative to the traditional cocktail sauce and vinegar concoction we know and love. 

8. The Blind Pelican

Rachel Saef

The Blind Pelican on St. Charles keeps it simple and fresh with their raw oysters. This spot is ideal for college students with it's laid-back atmosphere, cheap eats, and popular happy hour, which is known in NOLA for its 25 cent oysters. The happy hour deals are offered from 4-8 pm every day. The Blind Pelican also features live music, which is an added bonus. 

9. Mr. Ed's Oyster Bar & Fish House

Mr. Ed's, one of NOLA's classic oyster joints, has locations on St. Charles, in the French Quarter, in Mid-City and in Metarie. Mr. Ed's serves up all of the New Orleans classics, from gumbo to shrimp and grits, but is mostly known for its oyster bar. The restaurants serve oysters every way: raw, grilled and fried. 

10. Seaworthy

A new addition to the New Orleans food scene, Seaworthy was awarded Seafood Restaurant of the Year in 2016 by New Orleans Magazine and is located in the Central Business District. Seaworthy prides itself on its sustainably harvested oysters. The oyster menu changes daily, so you can expect a diverse variety from the Gulf, East, and West coasts of the U.S. 

Whether they're served on the half shell or in between the rolls of a po'boy, oysters are crucial to the New Orleans diet. Check out these spots and decide for yourself which NOLA restaurant is serving the best of the best.