Friend: So, what do you want to eat?
Me: I don’t know. What do YOU want to eat?
Friend: I don’t know either. What are YOU craving?
Me: I can’t decide! Can I just have everything?

Urban Seoul

GIF courtesy of GIPHY.com

Has this ever happened to you? I mean, I feel like this is a recurring issue for every dining outing for most people. I know my friends and I have had our share of arguments over where and what to eat. As indecisive and petty human beings, we can never decide on what to freaking eat.

But fear not, dear readers. I have a resolution for all our dining dilemmas! I introduce to you, Urban Seoul, a Mexican and Korean fusion food restaurant. Who said we couldn’t have the best of both worlds?

Urban Seoul

Photo by Adnan Amin

Urban Seoul currently has two locations in Irvine, meaning that they are in close proximity of the UC Irvine campus. The first and original Urban Seoul location is at Diamond Jamboree. The second and newest location is called Urban Seoul 2.0, located at the Irvine Spectrum. Fortunately, both of these locations are easily accessible for us Anteaters.

I mentioned earlier that whenever my friends and I go out to eat we can never settle on what we want to eat. On occasion one of my friends would be craving Mexican food while I would argue that I want Asian food. So why not have both?

Urban Seoul

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Urban Seoul crafts delicious fusion dishes that combine Mexican and Korean flavors. In addition, these dishes boast complexity because they also draw inspiration from other Asian cultures. With so many cultures and flavors combined in each dish, we can easily find something to make everyone happy.

Urban Seoul

Photo by Adnan Amin

Now let’s get to the good stuff: the food. And oh my goodness, the food here is not only BEAUTIFUL but it is also freaking delicious! For everyone who is reading this, know that you will not be disappointed.

Loaded Fries

Urban Seoul

Photo by Adnan Amin

We decided to start out our meal with a tasty appetizer: the Loaded Fries. Yeah, these fries were definitely LOADED. It was massive! And I believe that this appetizer alone can certainly be a meal in itself. Also, Urban Seoul seems particularly generous with their wonderful toppings.

This appetizer offers you a bed of crispy waffle fries topped with spicy pork, various kinds of cheeses (including: queso fresco and cojita cheese), pickled jalapenos, pickled red onions, green onions, and cilantro. It’s definitely worth sharing with your friends.

Chicken Stir Fry Udon

Urban Seoul

Photo by Adnan Amin

My friend Jamie loves spicy food and this dish can offer that. Of course, you can adjust the spiciness upon request. Although, Jamie said she has a high tolerance for spicy food and admitted it wasn’t spicy enough for her. My guess is that you gotta ask for extra spicy so you can feel that burn.

Despite this, Jamie said the meal was deliciously well-balanced. The dish is made-up of: grilled chicken, sauteed bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, snap peas, carrots, udon noodles, green onions, a soy glaze, and topped with a beautiful sunny side up egg.

Urban Seoul

GIF by Jessica Mickelson

Seriously, guys… Look at that egg! Isn’t that egg simply EGGsquisite? Get it? Instead of exquisitie I said- Nevermind.

Grilled Chicken Tacos

Urban Seoul

Photo by Adnan Amin

My friend, Adnan, decided to sample the Urban Seoul tacos. What’s awesome about these tacos is that they have a variety of fillings you can choose from: pork belly, spicy pork, gogi, grilled chicken, and tofu. In addition, these tacos are stacked high with: the house hot sauce, kimchi, lettuce, red onions, queso fresco/cojita cheese, and gochujang (a Korean condiment) aioli on corn tortillas.

Chorizo Kimchi Fried Rice Skillet

Urban Seoul

Photo by Adnan Amin

And finally, this is my dish and my new favorite. This is honestly the best skillet I have ever had. Perhaps, the reason for this is because I am a big fan of Asian cuisine. So if you’re a fan of Asian food you’re really going to love this. This dish is a piping hot skillet containing: chorizo, bacon, pork belly, kimchi, garlic fried rice, pickled red onions, green onions, and topped with a sunny side up egg.

Drink of the Day

Urban Seoul

Photo by Adnan Amin

In conclusion, everyone should wash down the EXPLOSION of flavors you just consumed with an ice cold drink. What’s awesome about Urban Seoul is that they feature a drink of the day. On our day we had the deliciously refreshing: Cantalope Pineapple Guava Lemonade. Yum!