If you're like me and you've been counting down the days until the premiere of season 7 of Game of Thrones, then hearing that a Game of Thrones pop up bar is coming to DC might be the best thing you've heard all summer. I've personally been inspired by the drinking habits of Tyrion Lannister, and this bar will give me the opportunity to imitate him the best I can.

Located at three bars owned by Drink Company in the Shaw neighborhood, the bars Mockingbird Hill, Southern Efficiency, and Eat the Rich will be transforming into a Game of Thrones lovers' haven from June 21st to August 27th. These bars have done multiple other popups before, including a Super Mario Bros themed bar (pissed I missed out on that one).

While the show stopper will be the replica Iron Throne, this pop up will also have representation coming from many of the realms. You can drink your way through Kings Landing, the Hall of Faces, the City of Mereen, and even find your way in the North. 

If the decorations and experience weren't enough to convince you that this pop up is a must-visit, the specialty cocktails should have you convinced. The prices of the cocktails range from $13 to $15 and are based on themes from the novels/tv show. For example, drink like Cersei and order the "Shame", which is tequila and grapefruit tonic. Ok, yum. Or, maybe you're still morning Khal Drogo (I know I am) and you want to order the Dothraquiri, a mix of rums, banane de Bresil, Creme de Cacao, Cane sugar, and lime. Tbh I don't know what half of those things are but it sounds delightful.

My personal favorite thing about the pop up? It's open every single night except for Sunday when it closes at seven. aka when GoT is on. Gotta love that dedication. If you're a dedicated Thrones fan, then this summer you must make your way to the Game of Thrones bar in DC. You won't regret it. If you can't make your way to DC this summer, you'll just have to get by with this awesome Game of Thrones drinking game.