Pondering over the perfect place to get your caffeine fix in Boston? Look no further than The Thinking Cup, a local café brand that has expanded to three locations: one directly across from Boston Common and two more in Back Bay and the North End.

Photo courtesy of clubantietam.com

Stepping into the dimly lit interior of their Tremont location, you are instantly transported to an old-time coffee lovers paradise. The first thing you might notice upon arrival is the delicious, heavenly smell of brewing “Stumptown Coffee.” The Thinking Cup prides itself on being the first coffee shop in Downtown Boston to serve this famed brand, with beans directly imported from the Stumptown roasting facility in New York. The Thinking Cup offers many different options from the classic cappuccino to specialty lattes like Vanilla Ginger and Honey Cinnamon (all created with original home made syrup and complete with intricate latte art). If you’re stumped on the selection, try my personal favorite: the hazelnut latte, made with freshly roasted hazelnut paste.

Photo courtesy of hyhoi.com

In addition to their numerous coffee creations, The Thinking Cup also caters to the lunch/brunch crowd. The options are neatly listed on chalkboards hanging above a counter boasting a mouth-watering assortment of pastries and other sweets and include sandwiches (the barista recommended “The Italian” but was also partial to the “B.A.L.T”), and customizable grilled cheese, as well as oatmeal and breakfast burritos.

After you have made your choice, head to a booth or perhaps a cozy table for two by the window. You may have to fight for a spot during the more crowded times of the day, but the turnover is fairly quick and it is worth it to enjoy the warm, old-fashioned coffee shop atmosphere. Once you sit down, skim over the vintage newspaper pages spread out on the tables or enjoy some prime people watching as locals and tourists alike stop in to enjoy a cup of (not your average) joe.