The Jersey Shore gets a bad rap. A bad TV show, fake Italians, and a strange obsession with tank tops have totally ruined the reputation of the tri-state area's favorite beaches. Going to Wildwood every summer has been a tradition in my family since my mom was a kid. The Wildwood boardwalk has been ranked "Best in State," and the island itself has been ranked the "Most Beautiful Place" in New Jersey.

I want to give it another title: The Best Jersey Shore for Foodies. Everyone claims that their favorite place to eat is the best place to eat, whether it be the pizza, the French fries, or the best spot for fried food. But my 20+ years in Wildwood has served me the right to definitively say what the best restaurants in Wildwood, NJ truly are. I'd like my title to be the Wildfood Expert.

1. Sam's Pizza

mozzarella, pie, cheese, pepperoni, sauce, crust, dough, pizza
Alexandra Jade Tringali

I look forward to a slice of Sam's Pizza all year, from the time they close on Labor Day until they open again on Memorial Day. I can say that Sam's Pizza is by far the best pizza in Wildwood. Their pizza has a crispy crust, gooey cheese, and tomato sauce that's the perfect balance of sweet and savory. It's everything you want in a slice of beach pizza.

2. Sea Shell Ice Cream Parlor

I am a HUGE ice cream fanatic. I eat it almost every day, and I don't think I could ever get tired of it. With that being said, I am an ice cream purist – I don't go for banana splits or hot fudge sundaes. Just give me huge scoops of ice cream with maybe peanuts or rainbow jimmies at the most, and I'm a happy gal.

The only exception is the Peanut Butter Fluff sundae at Sea Shell, with peanut butter ice cream, hot fudge, Fluff, peanuts, whipped cream, and a cherry. I am obsessed with peanut butter, and peanut and chocolate are the best combination ever, so naturally this sundae is everything I could dream of.

3. Russo's

chocolate, pastry, sweet, bread
Alexandra Jade Tringali

I'm a Philly girl, so I know a good cheesesteak when I see one. And sure, due to New Jersey's proximity to Philly, that means the state is going to absorb some of the City of Brotherly Love's greatness. Here is a prime example: Russo's Steaks, Hoagies, and Burgers.

This might sound nasty, but one thing I hate about some cheesesteaks is that their steak snaps. Steak isn't supposed to snap. Russo's cheesesteaks do not snap. And they're coated in American cheese, which is a rare and perfect option since it melts so well and stays oh-so cheesy.

4. Curley's Fries

sweet, chicken
Alexandra Jade Tringali

Curley's Fries might have the best fries that I have ever had. I usually prefer thinner fries to thicker, because thick fries don't stay crispy on the outside for long. Curley's, however, stay crispy-yet-fluffy and salty from lunchtime to the post-boardwalk snack.

5. Mack's

pizza, spinach, cheese
Alexandra Jade Tringali

Unpopular opinion: Sam's Pizza is better than Mack's Pizza. I have gotten into arguments about which pizza is better, who has a better crust, who's cheese stays the cheesiest the longest, etc., but Sam's still holds my heart. Mack's is, I will admit, a very close second. They, like Sam's, have a fabulous crust that holds all of the cheese, toppings, and sauces without getting soggy.

6. Kohr Bros

I thought Kohr Bros. was a string of nationwide ice cream windows. Turns out, they only have locations in Maryland, Delaware, and New Jersey. When I found this out, my heart broke for all of the other 47 states that don't get to have the creamiest, tastiest soft serve. My go-to is peanut butter soft serve with rainbow jimmies.

7. Fractured Prune

Unlike Kohr Bros., Fractured Prune has locations across the country, so if I ever find myself randomly in Gilbert, Arizona, I can have a delicious taste of the Jersey Shore. Their donuts are cake donuts, with insides fluffier than a cloud. They serve a variety of flavors along with the option to DIY your own flavors. It's worth the ridiculously long line.

8. Britton's Bakery

This isn't your average box of cinnamon buns. Look at those pools of cinnamon! The great thing about these buns is that they themselves aren't super sweet. If they were, then the gooey cinnamon on top would totally make it too sweet. Britton's has a perfect balance of sweetness.

9. Doo Wop Coffee Shop

Wildwood is stuck in the '50s (see the next place), and I never want it to change. Doo Wop Coffee Shop is basically an old school cafe with records swimming in electric decor. And their breakfasts? Cinnamon Bun or S'mores Pancakes, Banana Fosters or Strawberry and Cream Cheese French Toast, and so much more. Dessert for breakfast every day!

10. Cool Scoops Ice Cream Parlor

Remember what I said about Wildwood being stuck in the '50s? If you need any convincing, come to this ice cream shop that my family and I have been frequenting for years. Order some ice cream and enjoy it in the smooth seats of old '50s hot rods while listening to Elvis.

Oh, those Wildwood Days. Go to the beach, go for a bike ride on "the boards," and then hit all three piers of rides and arcades. But first fuel up at any of the 10 best restaurants in Wildwood, NJ, because trying new foods is the ultimate way to vacation.