We all know it is hard to stay healthy while in college with a busy schedule and fast food options at the ready. While it’s easy to say yes to burgers and fries every day, sometimes you want a healthier meal, and that can be hard on Marquette's meal plan.

Because we can’t always make it to a grocery store for healthy options or even have a kitchen to cook in, here is at least one option at each dining hall on Marquette’s meal plan that you can count on to be without a bucket of grease and will leave you feeling not terrible about yourself. 

Ali Piccininni

Here is a list of the tastiest options at each dining hall at Marquette that aren't super terrible for you. 

McCormick

Ali Piccininni

While McCormick is the easiest dining hall to go to, located central in campus and open 24/7, it does not have the healthiest options. One option that is always available is the “vegan bar” that is not obviously vegan. The bar rotates different salads, dips and spreads from hummus and pita to a chickpea and barley salad. If you want to pair the salads with a sandwich or just eat straight from it, the vegan bar is the best option at McCormick that is the tastiest without all of the grease. 

But when you look a little closer, one option that is always available is the “vegan bar." It rotates different salads, dips and spreads from hummus and pita to a chickpea and barley salad.

If you want to pair the salads with a sandwich or just eat straight from it, the vegan bar is the best option at McCormick that is the tastiest without all of the grease. 

Schroeder

Known for pasta, pasta, and more pasta, the options have changed up a little bit at Schroeder with their world cuisine revamp.

A relatively good option that is guaranteed to be available year-round is spaghetti. If you are not a fan of endless pasta they do offer caesar salads as well as a garden salad.

The best option at Schroeder, which makes an occasional appearance on the menu, are the flatbreads. Recently they had a tomato bruschetta flatbread that was especially tasty.

Cobeen

Ali Piccininni

One of the best options that you can expect to see every visit to Cobeen is the sandwich/ wrap station. You can have a sandwich or wrap made to your liking here and are able to make it as simple as a PB and J or intricate as a wrap with green peppers and turkey with brown mustard.

There is also a grilled chicken sandwich that is considered a mindful option. With both of these sandwiches, there is a new side dish — quinoa — offered at Cobeen that is a great pair to your wrap or chicken.

Mashuda

Ali Piccininni

There are three meals on the 50s diner-themed menu that are pretty good here, and are all relatively different, to meet your cravings.

Mashuda has a grilled chicken sandwich, veggie hummus wrap, and a chicken quinoa salad. All three of these meals not only taste good but they even sound healthy.

Marquette Place (AMU)

burrito, chicken, vegetable, cheese, lettuce, tomato, meat
Joyce Li

In this food court, you have a choice of a few different large salads and dressings. There is also the burrito section that is customizable so you can keep the salsa but get rid of the beef. Both of these options are an easy go-to if you want to make your own meal. 

Straz

Ali Piccininni

It’s hard to go wrong at Straz but the two options that are always there are the salad bar and stir-fry station. Both are completely customizable to be filled with veggies, chicken, and simple sauces or dressings. Straz is the place to be if you don’t want the temptation of a grease-filled burger.

Even if it seems impossible sometimes, there are options at every Marquette dining hall to feed your healthy side.