As someone who's friends tell her she is too pretentious about her food, I am always checking out artisan food stores in hopes of finding one more thing to bake or cook with. Saratoga has not disappointed me. The Savory Pantry was handing out samples of bolognese and after one bite, I knew I needed to go in.

tea, beer
Sam Jesner

The Savory Pantry was started by Keeley Ardman DeSalvo in Hot Springs, AR back in 1998. DeSalvo gained her love for food in her family's restaurant The Pancake Shop, located right next to the original The Savory Pantry. She started The Savory Pantry with the foundation that dedication to the craft of food creation is at the center of every good dish. At The Savory Pantry, they want you to know where you food is coming from, how they make it, and why they have dedicated their life to creating that food. Their slogan "every taste tells a story" embodies their dedication to quality and they know that the best quality comes from small and local farmers, butchers, beekeepers, and bakers. In 2014, when the second location of The Savory Pantry opened in Saratoga Springs, NY, they made sure to bring in local food from New York to the new store. 

beer, coffee
Sam Jesner

The stores feature everything from herb and wine jellies to tapas to Rosemary bread mix. They have everything you need for my family's favorite antipasti for dinner nights and the ultimate goat's milk caramel sauces for dessert. All the olive oils, pastas, spices, dips, marinades, and mixers you've ever imagined can be found here. 

beer, alcohol, wine, liquor
Sam Jesner

What's even better is they have an online store with all of their products. Need a present for a food lover this holiday season? Check out their gifts and gift baskets. They ship anywhere, so you don't have to worry about bringing food on the plane home. They also feature an extensive gluten free section if that is a concern in your life.

beer, tea
Sam Jesner

If you get a chance, totally try their pecan pie in a jar. All you need is a pie crust, some eggs, and if you want, butter. I made this for my friend's family and they said it was the best pecan pie they've ever had. It's perfect for a low stress dessert to bring to Thanksgiving dinner.

beer
Sam Jesner

The Savory Pantry features endless foods to try and it's all guilt free knowing they stick to small, local food artisans. It's a destination for food enthusists from all over, so why not give it a try. When it comes to food, you've got nothing to lose.