For college students, it's pretty easy to get caught up in eating the same things all the time. You're running from classes to jobs, activities, sports, parties, events and everything in between. It can be hard to switch up your diet with all that going on. The best remedy that we've found here at Spoon for that food rut is right in your backyard -- a food truck rally!

Gainesville Food Truck Rally

Darya Molibog

Food truck rallies have a muddied reputation, but the Original Gainesville Food Truck Rally hosted by the High Dive is consistently well-received. The rally happens every six weeks at the High Dive. The food trucks rotate out every time it happens, so it's always an experience with what food will be there. 

The event started when the High Dive event manager, Pat Lavery, saw a T.V. episode about food truck rallies and thought it would be cool to host his own. Now he's six years in, and it's still going strong!

Food truck rallies typically have a wide array of options including tacos, sushi, grilled cheese, soup and burgers. They are a great event to go to with friends because everyone can get the food they are interested in and not be constrained to one menu.

Check out when the next Original Gainesville Food Truck Rally will be happening on their Facebook page here.

Head Out To A Rally Today

Marina Pezzella

Hopefully this article gave you guys some inspiration to check out a food truck rally in your area. The rallies can be a fun event to attend with friends, an alternative to going to a restaurant, and even provide inspiration for new meals to have at home. Check out the photo gallery of the Gainesville rally below! 

Darya Molibog
Marina Pezzella
Marina Pezzella
Darya Molibog