Two buns, a patty and some sauce. Sounds like your regular sandwich, except that its not. Loved by millions across India, the simple, unassuming Vada Pav is so much more than what meets the eye. Its a snack, a meal and comfort food all rolled into one. Even though the Vada Pav has its beginnings in Mumbai, it has fast made its way through the country. 

What hits closest to the OG Mumbai Vada Pav is the one sold by Signal Tod at OMR food street, a little ways from campus. 

The ambiance of this place is cute and inviting. There are benches instead of chairs, and the lighting is on point to make you feel welcome. The walls have murals paying homage to the B.E.S.T buses of Mumbai and painted windows on the opposite side. The center of attention is the wall covered with post it notes of happy customers, and they make for quite an entertaining read!

Kriti Karnavat

At Signal Tod, you have a variety of Vada Pavs to choose from, but the regular Aloo Tikki Vada Pav is the classic. The right balance of spice and the kick to your soul with the chili garlic powder is all you need to open up your senses. Crisp warm potato patty between two soft buns and mint chutney is enough to make you salivate before you even dig in.

Kriti Karnavat

Another great item on the menu is the Signal Tod Cafe special Vada Pav, and its quite different from the  regular slew of variations to the classic recipe. The first bite greets you with a kick of citrus, and it sets the tone for the rest of the dish. Its almost like a party in your mouth!!! Both the vada pavs are served along with a fried green chili, and if you've got the guts, bite into it alongside your VP. And if the adrenaline junkie in you is up and about, challenge yourself with a generous sprinkling of the house special chili powder- it will (all the pun intended) blow your mind!