Twice a year at my school, the girl's lacrosse team sells Krispy Kreme doughnuts to raise money to take their annual trip to Disney World. Being from Jersey, I had never heard of these doughnuts until I entered high school. However, they're extremely popular in other states, such as New York and California, and everyone seems to go crazy over them. I always thought, "Why Krispy Kreme doughnuts? What is so special about them?"

...And then I tried one. It wasn't like any doughnut I had ever tasted from Dunkin'. It was nearly ten times better. I couldn't quite put my finger on why it so good. Was it just that my sweet tooth craving had been fulfilled? Or was it that I was attracted to the branding techniques? So, of course, I did some investigating. 

What is Krispy Kreme?

Krispy Kreme has been producing delicious products since 1937. Vernon Rudolph bought a secret yeast-raised doughnut recipe from a New Orleans French chef, rented a building in what is now historic Old Salem in Winston-Salem, NC, and began selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts to local grocery stores. 

The delicious scent of doughnuts filled the streets of Salem, and the rest was history. Krispy Kreme hit the streets, and eventually, reached schools, churches, clubs, and other organizations as well.

Fundraising Methods

Since 1955, schools have been using the company's Fundraising Plan, which has enabled them to buy uniforms for various sports teams and take school trips. The plan has also helped organizations buy air conditioners, pianos, and libraries for their institutions and has helped to fund scholarship programs as well.

Krispy Kreme offers four different methods of fundraising― traditional doughnut sales, fundraising certificates, BOGO cards, and packaged coffee sales. My school has found the most success in selling doughnuts to the students and faculty. Other schools sell fundraising certificates, which is redeemable for one dozen of the original glazed doughnuts at participating Krispy Kreme retail shops. This option only really applies for schools and organizations located within in the vicinity of a Krispy Kreme storefront.

The BOGO cards are also an option in which students and faculty can receive 10 opportunities for one dozen free original glazed doughnuts with the purchase of any other Krispy Kreme product.

Since doughnuts and coffee are a natural pairing, Krispy Kreme offers the packaged coffee fundraising sale, where fundraisers can choose from three delicious signature blends, each sold in 12 oz. bags.

Of course, with any successful fundraiser, you need to promote it. You can find some of the company's helpful tips on how to make the most of your fundraiser here

Why Choose Krispy Kreme for Your Fundraising Efforts? 

The answer is simple. Krispy Kreme, despite its unhealthy product, is completely committed to its brand, which attracts customers, including myself, everywhere. It's true that anyone is drawn to a person that unapologetically adheres to their morals and beliefs, so its safe to say that the same can go for Krispy Kreme.

Krispy Kreme fully embraces their donuts, despite their reputation for being some of the most unhealthy things on the planet. According to an ad released by the company, doughnuts are bad for you. But so are cream cakes, not drinking enough water, tv, and stress. The donut company has gone viral for accepting the brand for what it is.  

So, if you or your school or non-profit is in need of a fresh, effective way to fundraise, you can follow this link to start a Krispy Kreme fundraiser and get more information. 

Good luck, happy fundraising, and enjoy the sugar rush while you can!