Krishna truly is a diamond in the rough here at Florida State; hidden away in the Globe building it’s an oasis of healthy, filling, natural food in a campus full of fast-food chains and overpriced dining halls.

Krishna provides good vegetarian and vegan food that leaves you satisfied all day for only five dollars a plate. It’s a steal! You can go to their Facebook page to stay updated on their hours of operation. Nama Kirtan Das, the man currently in charge of Krishna, encourages guests of to not just enjoy the food but partake in the very spiritual atmosphere it presents.

Krishna fsu

Courtesy of Alana Arnold

Krishna’s food is prepared at a local temple down Nylec Street and brought to FSU for serving. Because of the way the food is prepared it makes a connection to the spirit and the soil it originates from. Nama Kirtan Das is a wealth of information regarding the spiritual practices and connection Krishna offers its patrons. Regardless of belief or religious practice Krishna calls for those who love all living beings to partake in their food and enjoy life together.

At FSU, Krishna has been around for 20 years with 80 to 100 visitors a day. The Bhakti Yoga Club organizes this buffet and keeps Krishna running smoothly. It’s conveniently located on campus and offers a buffet of healthy food that is affordable and amazing.

Krishna fsu

Courtesy of Alana Arnold

The last time I visited Krishna, I enjoyed a meal of yellow rice, dhal (an Indian lentil soup), upma (a thick Indian porridge), a salad (with vegan dressing) and halavah (a traditional Indian dessert). This kind of traditional Indian food provides a nice change from the surrounding restaurants.

Krishna fsu

Courtesy of Alana Arnold

Krishna offers a change from the ordinary and the opportunity to try a “karma-free” meal. The reviews from Vegguide.org and Happycow.org really sum up the feelings of Krishna’s patrons.

Those who frequent this café are rarely disappointed and find comfort in the calming atmosphere and friendly faces. I encourage all FSU students to try this gem once, because you’re sure to come back for more.