We have finally made it to the yearlong anticipated NCAA Basketball Final Four. Although our Iowa Hawkeyes, didn’t make it this far, the bars of Iowa City are competing for a spot in the tournament as well. Things are getting heated up in the tournament, so let’s take a look:

Let’s Meet the Teams

Game 1:

Brothers

Final four iowa city bar

Photo courtesy of icbarchallenge.wordpress.com

The key game changer in Brothers’ matchup is Mug Club, held on Thursday nights. It’s simple, buy a mug for $4, and you can bring it back every Thursday for $1 refills.

Not satisfied on Thursday night? Well, come on back to Brothers on Friday night for $2 personal liquor pitchers. These things are huge, and you have the option of any wells drink consisting of vodka, rum, or whiskey (bottom shelf of course).

VS

Union

Final four iowa city bar

Photo courtesy of iowacityalive.com

Union’s Thursday night $1 you-call-its, or as we like to call it, “Dolla you Hollas,” always make for an interesting start to the weekend. The Union Bar is also famous for its dirty dancing, and no — I’m not talking about the 1987 Emile Ardolino hit starring Patrick Swayze. If you are looking for a rad time dancing till your face falls off, The Union Bar is the place to do it.

So, hella drink deals or music and dancing that’ll make you insane in the membrane? In a close game, moving on to the National Championship is Brothers, because $2 pitchers of alcohol.

Game 2:

The Sports Column (Spoco)

Final four iowa city bar

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

Spoco is notorious for being the “birthday bar,” having a special on your birthday where you can get 20 48 oz. pitchers of Keystone Light for $30. Bonus: Your friends will love you for the large quantity of cheap beer. Another bonus: After 12:30 am, if you and your friends haven’t finished all of your pitchers they can be redeemed for wells drinks or shots.

VS

DC’s

Final four iowa city bar

Photo courtesy of thegazette.com

Known on the street as good ‘ole “Down Town Chicago’s,” this is the destination for everything Chicago sports, from the ever faithful Blackhawks to the not-so-much Cubs and Bears.

Two words: Fish Bowls. Fish Bowls. Fish Bowls. As my friend Jimmy Buffet would say, make it a Hurricane because its five o’clock somewhere (*cough* DC’s *cough*). This deal goes from 7-9pm on Friday nights.

Another DC’s staple is their $4 steins, every night. Nothing says, “I need to forget about that exam I just failed” like downing the hatch with a nice cold brew, whether you’re in the mood for something domestic like a Bud Light or something stronger, like a Lagunitas IPA.

In another close game, moving on to the National Championship, we’re gonna go with DC’s, because Hurricanes over everything.

So now that we have the final two matchup, who you guys think will win Iowa City’s bar battle?