The Design District is one of the most up-and-coming districts in Dallas. Full of vibrant restaurants, unique coffee shops, and local stores, it is no secret that the Dallas local searches for the perfect place to sit back, relax, and get some work done in this centrally located area. 

I love a good coffee shop in Dallas. I mean, there are many factors that go into making a good coffee shop, a great one. 

First, I ventured over to Local Press + Brew, an aesthetically beautiful coffee and pressed juice shop located past the iconic Margaret Hunt Hill bridge. 

1. Local Press + Brew

Elise Huff
Elise Huff

You can't help but smile when you first walk inside of Local Press + Brew. For starters, there are two outside seating areas aligned with cacti and picnic tables. 

The store itself has two parts: one pictured above which includes a walk-up coffee bar window, a case of baked goods, and a coffee bar. The second part includes more indoor seating, but is surrounded by motorcycles and an edgy decor. 

The two parts of the store represent both the edginess and the Sunday-morning vibes that radiate from this amazing shop. 

What To Get:

Elise Huff
Elise Huff

As soon as you cozy into one of the booths inside of the store, I would recommend ordering one of their toasts. Pictured above happens to be their classic avocado, red chili, and olive oil on organic bread toast. I accompanied that yummy early morning breakfast item with a steaming soy latte. Also worth trying: their americano. Yum!

Elise Huff

It's not a proper trip to Local Press + Brew without wrapping up your visit with a freshly pressed juice. My personal favorite: 04 Winnetka Heights. The combination of apple, ginger, kale, lemon, and pineapple can brighten any dull day. If you are feeling extra adventurous, you can order their juice flight which includes a shot of each juice: the OC, winnetka heights, Kessler park, bishop arts, chai nut milk, just apple, just orange, almond latte, nut party, cacao milk, cane and lime, cane and ginger, cane and turmeric and/or the day after.

Magnolias Sous Le Pont

Next, I went on my way to my next Design District location: Magnolias Sous Le Pont. The coffee shop has both a New York City coffee house vibe, along with a local Dallas atmosphere. Inside, they feature local products and art, and outside, you can sit at a small marble table and stare up at the Dallas skyscrapers while sipping on a coffee.

Elise Huff

What To Get:

Elise Huff
Elise Huff

Since we are friends here and all share the love for food — I am going to give you a very honest opinion about this latte. This rose soy latte is out-of-this world. A combination of floral and creamy notes make it the perfect drink for a weekend of studying. The signature drink at this amazing little place happens to be a lavender, rose, elderflower latte. I already know I am going to have to try that next time I head over there.

I'm also going to be honest about the croissant — I was so excited to devour the ham and cheese flaky pastry that I had already started eating it before I remembered to snap a photo. It was that good.

Elise Huff

Pictured above is a matcha latte and a caramel latte. While I cannot comment directly on the matcha, my friend who ordered this absolutely loved it. Their matcha menu is very detailed, ranging from their lavender matcha to the minty matcha. There is something here for everyone. 

If I had to summarize my weekend of coffee shop experiences in the Design District of Dallas I would say that I was impressed. For the person who wants to sit outside and grab a juice or walk up to the coffee window, then Local Press + Brew is the go-to for you. For the student who wants to crank out a few hours of work and snack on some amazing pastries, while sitting in a cozy NYC feeling coffee house, I'd direct you to Magnolias Sous Le Pont. It's a win-win for everyone!