While I was roaming around this past semester in one of the best cities in the world, it was impossible not to eat a ton of pasta! Out of all the places I went, I definitely had some favorites that I had to share with the world. Here are the best, hidden places to satisfy your pasta craving and where you can fulfill your pasta-bilities in Rome.

Nicky Lindenberg

Testaccio Market 

This market, located in Via Beniamino Franklin, 00118 Roma RM, Italy, was a gem I didn't find until my last few days in Rome. Just a quick walk from my apartment in Trastevere, this place has an abundance of different little stalls. From pasta, pizza, and wine to clothing and leather goods, this market has all of your needs. However, you cannot pass up the fresh pasta at "Altro Pasta e Vino." Anything you get will be fantastic, but the gnocchi with tomato sauce and the cacio e pepe are so creamy and delectable, they will melt in your mouth. This place is a perfect meal for a quick lunch or snack! Definitely a place that cannot be missed.

Nicky Lindenberg

Tonnarello 

From having a quick glass of Moscato and bruschetta with your bestie, to coming and having a full dinner after a long day of shopping, Tonnarello never seems to disappoint. The workers here are the most friendly. They will greet you with a smile and a "ciao," making you feel at home right away and part of the locals.  Everything on the menu is incredible, however, I recommend the pesto pasta. It is not your typical pasta because it is made with multi-color pastas! The pesto sauce is not too strong, but light enough that it leaves you wanting more. However, this place gets super crowded around 8:30-9, Rome's prime eating time, so make sure to get there early!

Nicky Lindenberg

Trattoria De Cesare 

Trattoria De Cesare is located in downtown Trastevere. Anything here is good but, this dish has the perfect, typical Italian "Al Dente" rigatoni and a sweet red sauce! Pair with the house white wine they offer for the perfect meal. This place is very loved by not only tourists but also locals, so you know it's authentic. That being said, make sure to get here right when they open for dinner and except to wait in line. It can be long but I promise you will be worth it. Check out Amanda's article for more about this delicious spot. 

My semester in Rome was perfect, and these incredible eateries only added to the overall experience. Whatever flavors you're looking for, try these hidden places to satisfy your pasta craving and find all of the pasta-bilities in Rome. I can't wait to go back and eat more pasta!