New York City is home to some of the craziest n' coolest foods, and milkshakes are definitely no exception! Shakes have come a long way from the 50's version of just whipped cream and a cherry on top. So here are some of the craziest milkshakes in NYC — where cake slices are toppings instead of cherries.

1. Sugar n' Coal NYC

You know when you're at a restaurant and you can't decide between a slice of chocolate cake, a milkshake, and a golden Oreo & Crunch bar? Say no more. Sugar N' Coal located in Rego Park, Queens serves shakes with decadent desserts as toppings such as slices of cakes, doughnuts, candies, and rich syrups. To make things even better, Sugar n' Coal is even halal! It's literally a packaged deal. 

2. Mom's Kitchen & Bar

Tired of having mimosas for brunch? Mom's Kitchen & Bar serves some bangin' brunch meals paired with outrageous and delicious shakes in Astoria, Queens. The menu includes crazy shakes that are totally Instagram worthy. Shakes include toppings like cake slices, chocolate chips, cereals, and lollipops. Oh and yeah, they also have some awesome brunch dishes to pair with these shakes such as Gouda Mac and Cheese, shrimp and grits, and pancakes topped with Fruity Pebbles. What a Brunch galore!

3. Truburger

Cotton candy lovers, where ya at? Truburger is the place for you! It serves insanely creative milkshakes topped with loads of cotton candy, donuts, lollipops, creamy whipped cream, and chocolate chip cookies. To pair with your shake, they serve burgers with toppings like mac and cheese. Give Truburger a visit and go all out for your cheat meal.

4. Buns Bar

Every shake here is unique. Literally! Buns Bar, located in Chelsea, Manhattan, will actually serve you a shake that looks like a minion from Despicable Me, among other animated cartoon characters. They also just serve shakes that are surrounded by Froot Loops cereal or M&M's. It's a win-win situation. Buns Bar has the most beautiful and creative shakes that will make you just stare at its beauty before you eventually end up devouring it whole. As the minions would say, "Me Want Banana". 

5. New Territories NY

Milkshakes in mason jars! Oh yeah, New Territories NY located in the Lower East Side, Manhattan serves up shakes in cute mason jars for you and your bestie to clink cheers to before drinking up. These shakes include toasted marshmallows, tons of sprinkles, and cute candies. These milkshakes are just too cute to drink. Along with the shakes, egg waffles with decadent toppings like chocolate drizzle and scoops of ice-cream are also served here.

These crazy milkshakes in NYC are pretty much astonishing and mind-blowing. How can such a simple recipe of milk and ice cream turn into something so crazy? Now, there is no need to resort to mere whipped cream  when you can have an entire chocolate cake and cotton candy on top; you're basically ordering five desserts in one. Definitely go out into NYC and try one of these milkshakes to enjoy the sugar rush that comes with it without having to wait in the long line at the famous Black Tap Burgers