It was on my bucket list for a while to dine at both The Bower and Birdy's Behind the Bower. Luckily, I satisfied my desire and was able to experience a meal at both restaurants. Located conveniently on Magazine Street, these two establishments offer sweet, savory, and over-the-top options for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. I mean, what could be better? I knew I had to try it. 

BIRDY'S BEHIND THE BOWER

Although this restaurant is located beyond The Bower, I felt it was only appropriate to go in meal order. Birdy's Behind the Bower serves up mouthwatering breakfast, brunch, and lunch. Options range from sweet, crunchy bubble waffles with fresh fruit and whipped cream that is to die for, to flaky biscuits with eggs and crispy fried chicken cooked to perfection, and even fresh salads and wraps. Birdy's also offers a variety of bowls and toasts; they really have everything under the sun! The main factor that differentiates Birdy's from its competition is its stunning brunch boards.

Pictured above is Birdy's Brunch Board, which includes a gorgeous variety of sweet treats and savory eats. I promise this Brunch Board will have you coming back for more. Also, if you are a biscuit lover like me, the Biscuit Board is the one for you. I ordered a biscuit on the side of my brunch and was in heaven.

Bailey Germain

My Experience at Birdy's

Before I get into the gooey details, you can't deny the beauty of the food on that table. Let me tell you... it did not disappoint. I ordered the Bubble Waffle, which was topped with fresh Louisiana strawberries and the best granola I had ever tasted. On the side was sweet cane syrup and homemade whipped cream. The whipped cream could not have been tastier, and it paired seamlessly with the waffle, fruit, and granola. The waffle was crunchy and fluffy and the granola was the perfect texture. The fresh fruit was much needed on the warm summer day I dined at Birdy's.

Secondly, like I previously mentioned, I ordered a flaky and decadent biscuit; I simply couldn't get enough! The jam and butter were both absolutely fantastic and the perfect compliments to the biscuit. I also had the opportunity to try the Banana Bread French Toast. I am a French toast and banana bread lover, so this dish was right up my alley. It was topped with whipped ricotta, candied walnuts, and salted caramel. The whipped ricotta was just as good as the whipped cream; it was smooth, flavorful, and a compliment to each bite. I love candied walnuts and salted caramel, and both hit my sweet tooth.

Lastly, I ordered an Iced Matcha Latte to top it all off. The latte was very good, and next time I would love to try the Chai Latte. Overall, the ambiance, delicious variety of menu items, and brunch specials make Birdy's a must-try in New Orleans.

THE BOWER

For dinner, I dined at The Bower. The vibes are very similar to that of Birdy's. The atmosphere is warm and inviting; not to mention, the food is off the charts. Similar to Birdy's, The Bower offers a plethora of Charcuterie and Cheese Boards. If you are adventurous like me, you will try a Chef's Selection or Everything But The Kitchen Sink Board. Whichever option you choose, you won't regret it.

Although I am picky about my meats and cheeses, this board was fun to eat and certainly expanded my palate.

Charlotte Gordon

My Experience at The Bower

This picture speaks a thousand words. This homemade Basil Spaghetti was mouthwatering. The fresh pasta was coated with pesto and preserved lemons, which you could taste in every bite. The burrata was creamy and rich, and the dried cherry tomatoes complemented the pasta and burrata perfectly. I also cannot put into words how much I love balsamic. It was an ideal addition to this dish. 

I could not recommend The Bower and Birdy's enough. I have been craving the meals pictured above since I had the opportunity to try them, and am already planning a trip back.