Today, September 25th, Murphy’s Grill opens its doors in the Pryzbyla Center at the Catholic University of America. The managers of Murphy’s Grill were kind enough to let a few of Spoon CUA’s writers and photographers have a taste of Murphy’s Grill before it opened!

Claire Sturek

Murphy’s Grill was envisioned by its namesake, the late Mike Murphy, who wanted there to be a place on campus for students to come together over food and drinks. The menu offers classic comfort foods with delicious twists, like Bacon Jalapeño Mac & Cheese and the Cardinal Burger (a burger with a fried egg and bacon piled on top). Murphy’s Grill also features several creative salads, which are all delicious. 

Claire Sturek

Open from 11:30am-8pm on Monday through Wednesday, 11:30am-11pm on Thursday and Friday and 12pm-11pm on Saturday, Murphy's Grill is the perfect place to catch up with a friend over a slice of flourless chocolate cake and a drink. 

Claire Sturek

In addition to the campus location, the student hosts, waiters and bartenders also add a fun element to this community-focused restaurant. Murphy’s Grill is a great addition to the CUA campus. It is both a sit-down restaurant where visiting parents will enjoy a nice meal, as well as being easily accessible to students all semester. The grill has several options on the menu that are available for a meal exchange (these are marked on the menu with the Murphy’s logo), and they also offer the option of using Dining Dollars. 

Claire Sturek

The Verdict

There is definitely something for everyone at Murphy’s Grill! Spoon CUA is happy to welcome this community-focused restaurant to campus. C U there!