The acclaimed Bombay-Irani café, SodaBottleOpenerWala, recently introduced The Big Bawa Breakfast to its menu, which is served at the restaurant from 9am-12pm. SodaBottleOpenerWala, being a hub of all things eclectic, vibrant, and quirky, The Big Bawa Breakfast here complements and mirrors the vibe of the café. 

With delicacies such as healthy ragi pancakes, nutritious poro, refreshing smoothies, and good ol' sandwiches on the menu, it's tough to not drool in anticipation.  

Karan Kapoor

Let's describe bit by bit what stood out for us.

The Big Bawa Breakfast

We relished a filling and sumptuous breakfast in the early hours of a sunny winter morning. We asked our server for recommendations after which we devoured the following.

Ragi Pancakes With Espresso and Whiskey Cream

Karan Kapoor

The minute we scanned the menu, we knew we can't leave without trying this particular dish. It is safe to say that it did not let us down. The pancakes, stacked on top of each other layered with cream, were fluffy and light as air. The moist texture of the pancakes infused with the smoothness of the cream was a delight. The entire dish wasn't excessively sweet, and the taste was well-balanced. 

Smoky Poro

Karan Kapoor

Poro is a Parsi-style omelette and you can try the flavor of one here, at SodaBottleOpenerWala. The menu includes several kinds of Poro, we went ahead and ordered Smoky Poro consisting of cheese and jalapenos. Here's the thing, Poro in itself is a filling meal as it is accompanied by potato wedges, stirred veggies, kidney beans, a dip and a bun. Each and every item on this plate was lip-smacking. A special shoutout to the potato wedges for being super crisp and downright delicious!

Mixed Berry Smoothie With Flaxseed & Hazelnut Nitro Brew

Karan Kapoor

Do not be deceived by the fact that only healthy people drink smoothies. Mixed berry smoothie with flaxseed was sent straight from heaven to rejuvenate our senses. I cannot appreciate this drink enough. Hazelnut Nitro Brew, on the other hand, was quite refreshing but slightly bitter at the same time. If you're not familiar with the concept of nitro brew, we suggest you stick to the smoothies. 

Chilly Cheese Pav

Karan Kapoor

Let's get one thing straight, Pav at SodaBottleOpenerWala are the best ones you'll ever have. That being said, Chilli Cheese Pav was topnotch. The Pav was soft and flaky, topped with oodles of cheese, chilly flakes and, spices. 

Ragi Pancakes With Bananas and Butterscotch

Karan Kapoor

We adored the ragi pancakes a great deal, thus, we decided to have another batch topped with bananas (because you can never go wrong with bananas). The pancakes were soft and smooth as before, and bananas added to the charm. However, the only thing it lacked was the taste of butterscotch, which rendered it mediocre in comparison. 

Bar

Karan Kapoor

The assorted bottles of alcohol and the funky names of drinks are worth mentioning. Do try the infamous Bawa Peg and Raspberry beer or indulge in "Mumma nu double dose" and "The Bumsuckerwala". 

Karan Kapoor

You can sit and enjoy all sorts of alcoholic drinks with your meal at SodaBottleOpenerWala. 

Decor & Ambiance

Karan Kapoor

The decor is Parsi themed, with rustic furniture, colorful booths, vintage mirror, dainty flora and a vibrant jukebox, this restaurant is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The ambiance is as fascinating as the food.

Karan Kapoor

The restaurant is quite spacious with a large seating capacity. The vibe is eclectic and the music playing from the jukebox (from retro Bollywood to rock) is an aspect of the bewitchery here. 

Karan Kapoor

Baked good including Naan Khatai, biscuits, Mawa cake, lagan nu custard, and whatnot make it irresistible to leave without devouring them. After all, we need some sugar in life.  

The service here is quick and efficient, thanks to the cooperative and friendly staff. What we're saying is, The Big Bawa Breakfast is a wonderfully curated menu with unique dishes tinted with the Bombay-Irani theme. Add this experience to your bucket list ASAP.