With our main library under renovations at Smith College, it can be a bit difficult to find a consistent spot to study space.  Maybe one that includes quick access to some study fuel, such as a nice latte or frappe. Whatever tickles your fancy, here are a few options that could help you find a new study space.

For Coffee Lovers:

Abigail Morton

1. Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters: This is one of the closest coffee shops to Smith College's campus with hella good coffee and treats; they even have a student discount (which is awesome!). The only drawback to studying here is that there isn't a lot of room, a few two person tables and a few more larger ones but other than that, its not a whole lot of room to work unless you just need your laptop.

2. Starbucks: This one is a bit self explanatory about what it is, as they are located all over the country. However, there is a downside to studying here is that there are plenty distractions, many homeless people stand outside and often times will come into the shop and use the bathroom or try and get someone to buy them a coffee. There is a bit more space to do your work here but it mainly depends on the time you go on how large your work space will be.

For Snack Fans:

Abigail Morton

1. Woodstar Cafe: This cafe could be described a nice place with lots of windows and little bites to eat. They have a wide variety of snacks to choose from including bagels, sandwiches, salads, and bread. There are not a many tables and chairs in here but the table sizes are consistent and allow for a larger study space.

2. Haymarket Cafe: If you are a vegetarian or a vegan this cafe has the snacks you are looking for. Their menu consists of a juice bar, different breakfast/lunch/dinner options, cakes, and tarts. This cafe has an abundance of tables, both indoor and outdoor that would be acquit study spaces.

3. Nourish Cafe: This cafe is designed for those who are vegan, gluten free, and seek out fresh produce daily. They have a variety of wellness bowls, organic juices and smoothies, soups, and nourishing bites. They are a bit of a walk from campus but they do have a sizable about of 2 person chairs both indoors and outdoors. They have large windows which allow for an abundance of natural light to come in and help you focus.

These are just a few places that are well known and spread out in our cute little town of Northampton right next to Smith College. I invite you to go out and taste a little bit from each place to find the ideal study space for you. Happy studying!