There are a few things that come to mind when I think of my home state, New York: the big city, full of opportunities and adventure, my cute little town with horse farms and beautiful snow blanketed hills, but most importantly, good food! Besides seeing my family, friends and dogs, eating real food is what I look forward to most. The best part about living right outside the city is being able to hop on an hour-long train ride to go explore! Here are what I believe to be some of the best places to eat on break in New York and around Westchester County! There's something for every taste!

Latin: Calle Ocho

Calle Ocho is my favorite restaurant of all time. They serve a variety of colorful latin fare. Their bread, called Pandebono, is a traditional Colombian cheese bread that is served with a bean dip, and it is to die for. Make sure you also try the paella and the guacamole with plantain chips!

Location: 45 W 81st St, New York, NY 10024

Italian: Carmines

I've grown up going to Carmines any and every time my entire family makes a trip to the city. Their family style, Italian fare makes me feel like I'm right at home. Try the chicken contadina, mixed seafood pasta or their out-of-this-world stuffed artichokes. If you're craving something sweet, you're in luck because Carmine's is famous for their Titanic. It is basically just a brownie with a mound of ice cream and whipped cream on top.

Locations: Times Square and Upper West Side

Vegan: By Chloe

My younger sister is a vegan and dragged me here this summer. I was a little hesitant to try vegan mac and cheese or a vegan pulled pork sandwich made with mushrooms, but it was incredible. My sister swears their veggie burgers taste like beef burgers, and their multitude of options makes it really convenient for people with allergies and dietary restrictions. They also have a bakery right next store with amazing sweet treats!

Location: 185 Bleecker St, New York, NY 10012  

American: The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean Georges, Pound Ridge

The world renowned chef, Jean Georges, opened  this upscale american fare restaurant in my hometown just a few years ago. I could be a little biased because I did work there for a few years, but the food is phenomenal. Try the crispy sushi, tuna tartar or my all time favorite food: truffle pizza, which is basically heaven in your mouth. If you're you're really looking to indulge, try the burger. Their desserts are also wonderful — try the salted caramel sundae or the carrot cake!

Location: 258 Westchester Avenue Pound Ridge, NY 10576

Pizza: Patsy's, Harlem

In my opinion, Patsy's is the best pizza you could possibly get in New York. It is incredibly thin, with the perfect balance of cheese and sauce. You must try it if you're in the area! Patsy's has been around since the 1930's, so you know they're doing something right!

Location: 2287 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10035

Popup: Bryant Park Winter Village Market

Tiffany Snadowsky

My favorite thing to do when I come home for holiday breaks is to go to the Winter Village in Bryant Park. Dozens of kiosks are set up so you can get all your holiday shopping over with, but more importantly, they have a huge selection of amazing food vendors. You could go multiple times on break and still not run out of amazing food  to try. It is a must-see!

Location: Bryant Park, New York

Relaxing Spot: The 79th Street Boat Basin

The boat basin is a wonderful spot that seems to be a carefully-kept secret of the locals. Unlike Manhattan, it's nestled in a relaxed atmosphere right by the water. The restaurant is open from late spring to early fall. Try the fish tacos or quinoa salad. In October, they have Octoberfest and serve the most amazing pretzels and pumpkin ale! 

Location: 79th Street, New York

Crepes: Little Crepe Street, Mount Kisco

If you want crepes in a cozy spot, look no further. Little Crepe Street is attached to an Indian restaurant, so they have some cool crepe combos like the Chicken Tikka Masala Crepe. My go-to favorite is the chicken with sherried mushrooms crepe, but if you're looking for something sweet, try the campfire crepe. And be sure to add Nutella!

Location: 29 Main St, Mt Kisco, NY 10549

Breakfast: The Granola Bar, Armonk

Tiffany Snadowsky

This one is my new favorite breakfast spot! The Granola bar has the most amazing acai bowls with homemade granola! What makes their acai bowls special is that their acai is more like a sorbet, which makes for a nice treat!

Location: 575 Main St, Armonk, NY 10504

So next time you're in New York, be sure to head to one of these spots for a fabulous meal to satisfy any kind of craving!