Vail, Colorado is known as a world-class skiers' and snowboarders' paradise. It is also home to restaurants that range from fine dining to sandwich shops. Whether you're getting ready for a powder day, exploring the town, or celebrating après-ski, here's some of the best places to eat in Vail.

Breakfast: Westside Cafe

The Westside Cafe serves comfort food that hits the spot before hitting the slopes for a day of skiing. Try their giant breakfast burritos and omelettes or their wide variety of eggs Benedict for a filling breakfast that will keep you full and focused on the mountain.

Breakfast: Northside Grab N Go

This mini market serves fresh breakfast sandwiches, pastries, and hot and cold drinks, all ready to grab and eat on the way to the mountain. For the person who loves to be first in the lift line, or anyone looking to get a jump start while the snow's still fresh, this quick stop is perfect.

Lunch: Joe's Famous Deli

In the heart of Vail Village, Joe's Famous Deli serves all kinds of sandwiches and subs perfect for eating while strolling around the streets. If that wasn't enough, they also make homemade ice cream that's just as delicious in the  winter as it is in the hot summer.

Lunch: Pazzo's Pizza

Another great spot to visit while exploring the town, this place serves all kinds of pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and house special "pazzone" calzones. Their wide variety of pizzas means there's something for everyone to enjoy.

Après-ski: Los Amigos

Ski or shred right into Los Amigos, located directly at the base of Gondola One in Vail Village. They serve a wide variety of appetizers and drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic), and after après winds down, come back for a dinner of tacos, enchiladas, fajitas and burritos. 

Dinner: Blue Moose Pizza

For a family friendly dinner, look no further than Blue Moose Pizza in both Vail and nearby Beaver Creek. The paper-covered tables and provided crayons allow kids and adults to pass the time drawing while waiting for piping hot pizzas. It's one of the best places to eat in Vail, and though the waits can be long, it's worth it when you bite into a slice of cheese-covered heaven. 

Dinner: Bully Ranch

For a more formal dining experience, head to the Sonnenalp hotel, home of Bully Ranch. The classic New York strip and rib eye steaks are specialities, but salads, soups, and Bully burgers round out the dinner and lunch menus. For meat eaters and vegetarians alike, this place is prime.

Whether you're a skier or snowboarder, beginner or expert, food brings everyone together at the end of a long day on the mountain. These top spots in and around Vail are the perfect place to treat yourself before and after a day on the slopes.