As a senior, I know how difficult and stressful it can be to decide where you want to spend the next four years of your life. I may not be the most experienced in the college process considering I am just beginning to go through it, but my mentality, and yours should be too, is to let your mouth make the decisions for you. I am half kidding. But, if you're a foodie like me, then food is a big factor in what schools may appeal to you the most. 

For me, hailing from a big city like NYC, I am looking to be in or near a city because I want to have access to the city culture, along with its delicious restaurant options. It was undeniable that I took a trip to Emory University, located in the suburbs of Atlanta, GA in Druid Hills, GA. 

Atlanta, the 9th largest metropolitan area in the US, evidently has thousands of restaurants scattered around the city and surrounding suburb areas. With only a limited amount of time for college touring, it is necessary that you are strategic about your meals as they are imperative in your college search process. If you ever find yourself touring Emory, swear by this as your 24-hour guide to eating in Atlanta, GA. 

Breakfast: Kale Me Crazy

strawberry, berry, sweet, cream, chocolate, milk
Megan Clarkson

With almost a dozen different locations spread across the Atlanta tri-state area, it is almost impossible to avoid a meal, or even a snack, at Kale Me Crazy. If you love all things smoothie and açaí bowl, come to Kale Me Crazy for a quick and Instagrammable breakfast. Don't be fooled by the name, though; if you're like me and you don't like kale in your smoothies or bowls, they have tons of veggie-free options to choose from as well. 

Brunch: The General Muir

tomato, vegetable, pepper, salad
Photo By Eric Solomon

As a born and bred New Yorker, I can attest that the bagels at the General Muir are just as good as NY bagels. That means a lot coming from an avid bagel eater. If you don't like bagels (who even are you?) or if you just aren't in the mood, the General Muir also serves matzo ball soup, reuben's, pastrami sandwiches and more. 

My advice is to come here, order the Avenue A bagel, devour it, and never look back. 

Dinner: Antico

pizza, mozzarella, crust, cheese, tomato, sauce, spinach, basil
Anabelle Kaplan

If you're looking for amazing pizza, and only pizza, come to Antico. They serve ten different pizzas, five with white and five with red sauce. The pizza always comes out piping hot and slightly charred, which I personally love. 

You can tell that Antico is extremely authentic because of its no substitution policy and the fact that it has prices in Euros. Antico was ranked by Business Insider as the best pizza in all of Atlanta, so if nothing else sells you here, trust Business Insider. 

Dessert: Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream

cream, chocolate, ice, milk, dairy product, sweet, coffee, caramel, wafer
Rachel Kalichman

Jeni's, introduced to me by my dad, has been my favorite ice cream for as long as I can remember and I had been dying to visit one of her shops for quite some time. It was inevitable that when in Atlanta, where there are numerous locations, that I would have to make a pit stop. 

The ice cream at Jeni's is unique and creative, with flavors like goat cheese with red cherries and wild berry lavender. My personal favorites are bramble berry crisp, salted peanut butter with chocolate flecks, and intelligentsia black cat espresso, but you really can't go wrong with any flavors. 

Touring Emory was a great way to experience another large metropolitan area, except with a more laid back suburban vibe as well. And, not to mention, beautiful weather and a beautiful campus. Whether I end up at Emory or not, I will definitely be back for some delicious food in ATL sometime soon.