What could be better than a warm slice of pie on a crisp, chilly day? Well, if you're like me and your favorite season is fall, then thank me later for this comprehensive list of some of the best pie places near Atlanta:

#1: Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop

Meredith and Scott Layton of Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop attribute their love of pie to their grandmothers, Ruth and Edith. Originally based in Tennessee, this family-run pie shop has locations all throughout the south with one shop in Sandy Springs, GA.

One unique aspect of Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop is its commitment to giving back to its community. They strive to form strong relationships with others through their delicious pies, and one way they do this is through their "Pie It Forward" initiative, where they donate a portion of their sales every month. Local charities and non-profit organizations are heavily encouraged to sign up and participate in their monthly "Pie It Forward."

Classic daily flavors, such as Southern Custard, Key Lime, Coconut Cream, Nanny's Pecan, and Granny's Apple are popular amongst customers. And just in time for the holiday season, their famous Spiced Pumpkin Pie made with a sweet but spicy pumpkin filling on top of a shortbread crust is now in shops; but make sure to get them quick, as they only sell this decadent treat until November 26.

#2: Southern Baked Pie Company

Have you ever heard of a pie membership? Look no further. Southern Baked Pie Company in Buckhead and Vinings sells 3, 6, and 12-month subscriptions if you are a die-hard pie fan and want to save a few extra bucks.

Just looking for a nice, one-time seasonal treat? Southern Baked Pie Company crafts some of the best classic flavors: Chocolate Chess, French Coconut Custard, Caramel Pecan, and Buttermilk. And no worries if you don't have the biggest sweet tooth; their simply traditional Chicken Pot Pie is packed with rich flavors and features locally-sourced vegetables. 

Founder Amanda Wilbanks does an excellent job of incorporating Southern flavors into her recipes that have been passed down from her family. Not only does she bake normal whole pies, but she also sells petite and bite-sized pies with gluten-free alternatives as well.

#3: Pie Bar

Located in Marietta Square, Pie Bar is a wholesome and cozy pie shop that bakes some of the best sweet and savory pies that will be sure to satisfy any craving.

Husband-and-wife duo Cody and Lauren Bolden share their love of pie with the GA community and strongly believe that pie should not solely be a dessert for special occasions.

Not only did they master generic pie flavors such as Key Lime and Apple Streusel, but they also specialize in quiches, Shepherd's pie, frozen pie crusts, and take-home frozen Bourbon Pecan pies. To celebrate the upcoming holidays, I highly recommend ordering their specialty Pumpkin Crumble pie: a unique twist on the classic, creamy, pumpkin pie that's quintessentially served on Thanksgiving.

Lauren also leads baking classes that are suitable for all levels. Sign up ASAP, since the best part is that you'll be able to take home the pie you baked, two pie doughs for additional baking at home, and valuable experience!

#4: Little Tart Bakeshop

Located right on Krog Street in the heart of Atlanta, Little Tart Bakeshop sells specialty sweet & savory pastries, sandwiches, and coffee on top of their delectable pies.

Owner Sarah O'Brien opened the shop in 2011 after multiple successful appearances at local farmers markets. Homemade spinach scallion and parmesan scones, chocolate pistachio croissants, bostock, and sourdough pizza are some of the unique pastries that she's sold and popularized. Check out her Thanksgiving menu featuring unique pie flavors like pumpkin caramel, apple cranberry, vegan coffee, and crème fraiche quiche with veggies: absolutely perfect flavors to go along with your Thanksgiving dinner!

#5: Panbury's Double Crust Pies

Panbury's makes unrivaled savory pies as Atlanta's only South African pie shop. Their international menu along with the comforting and inviting atmosphere makes them a staple local business!

The Panbury team stresses the importance of diversity and self-expression through sharing their famous and delectable Aussie meat pies, Jamaican beef patties, Indian-British fusion chicken tikka masala pie, South African pepper steak pies, and Greek spinach and feta pie. As you can probably tell by now, their menu truly encompasses a wide array of global food items with an explosion of flavors, so I would definitely recommend visiting them if you ever want to expand your taste buds!

Personally, I am a firm believer that pie is one of the best desserts and should not just be saved for the holidays. What better month than November to explore Atlanta and grab a few slices of pie along the way?