The benefits of eating healthy are incredible; your energy rises, your productivity flows, and your overall mood lifts. However, many people believe that eating healthy is costly, and that restaurants tend to increase their prices on healthful items. Nonetheless, I'm here to prove that it definitely is possible to eat healthy on a budget; I do it every single day! Here are five nutritious and cost-friendly restaurants in Miami that will leave you feeling energized...with some extra change in your pocket.

1. Diced

Diced is definitely my go-to when I’m craving something that’s both healthy and filling. Similar to Chipotle, Diced offers a wide variety of bowls, salads and wraps. Its proteins include hormone-free chicken, grass fed steak, tuna, and veggies (for our vegetarian friends). The flavors are always on point, the ingredients are always fresh, and the staff is always courteous. I usually get a tuna salad ($8.39); I pile up a bunch of ingredients and top it off with their signature three sauces: spicy guava, tomato basil, and garlic pesto. This combination screams flavor in my mouth. In addition to food, they also serve smoothies; my favorite is definitely the banana-strawberry ($4.89). For $13.28, your taste buds will thank you.

2. Roots Juicebar

Whenever I’m craving a healthy breakfast or lunch option, I instantly think of Roots Juicebar. Roots Juicebar is a healthy spot located in Kendall that offers a variety of cold-pressed juices, superfood smoothies, smoothie bowls, and plant-based foods *screams in vegan*. You cannot go wrong with any item on their menu. By far, my favorite item is their Dragon Bowl ($9.50), which includes a blend of dragon fruit, pineapple, mango, banana, and almond milk, topped with granola, coconut, kiwi, blueberry, strawberry, banana, almonds, and chia. This bowl is a great pre-workout meal, as it’s extremely filling and savory. Pair it with a 12 ounce Mean Green Juice ($6.50), which is cheap compared to most places. This combo will cost you $16.00, but you'll leave feeling very satisfied.

3. Gables Juice Bar & Muscle Pizza

Ever since I was a little girl, I have been a huge fan of Gables Juice Bar & Muscle Pizza. Walking into this family-owned restaurant, memorabilia and posters of The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, and many other rock legends cover the walls, giving it a funky and nostalgic vibe. It’s the perfect place when you’re in the mood for a nutritious and cost-friendly lunch. Their non-dairy smoothies are named after luxurious cars, my favorite being the M. Benz (strawberry, banana, and pineapple), and they offer all sorts of wraps, chops, salads, pizzas and soups. Calories are listed next to the menu items, so you know exactly how much you’re consuming. My all-time favorite wrap is their chicken breast melt (highly recommended). For only $13.00, you can get a smoothie and a wrap combo they offer; what a deal!

4. Smoothielicious Cafe & Deli

This hidden gem is located off US1 and is one of my favorite healthy spots in Miami. Lily, the owner, is extremely welcoming and never fails to make sure everything is running smoothly. The quality of food and smoothies ($4.50) are always consistent (and amazing). My favorite wraps are The Bomb and the Asian Honey Ginger Delight (both are $8.50). Together, this meal will cost you only $13.00. You can't go wrong with Smoothielicious.

5. Tropical Smoothie Cafe

If you’re a broke college student (aren't we all?), Tropical Smoothie Café is definitely the way to go. Located in FIU’s Wellness & Recreation Center, this cheap and nutritious café is the perfect post-workout meal. The café offers smoothies, wraps, bowls and flatbreads at a very convenient price. My usual order includes the Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie and Chicken Pesto Flatbread, which are both tasty and satisfying (the combo costs $10.36). I highly recommend coming here after a rigorous gym session.

Eating healthy doesn't have to be expensive if you choose the right places. You can use this article as a guide to help you decide where to eat when you're not in the mood to spending too much money. And if you are in the mood to splurge, here are some of Miami's best restaurants.