Picking a first date spot is always tricky, especially when you don't know the other person's tastes too well. Lucky for you, many of Burlington's restaurants offer a ton of great menu options, so you can never really get "stuck" with a particular type of food. Here are some of my top picks for best first date spots in Burlington, based on ambiance, food, and overall experience. 

A Single Pebble ($$$)

A Single Pebble is located a little ways off Church St. and is perfect for a romantic evening out. Their menu features a variety of meats, tofu, and veggie dishes like dumplings, noodles, crispy scallops, and stir fry. Feeling adventurous? They offer a "chef's tasting menu" made of nine, chef-crafted dishes that are all up to the kitchen. 

August First Cafe and Bakery ($$)

Maple biscuits and raspberry jam have the power to make any awkwardness on a first date disappear! August First offers an array of breakfast treats as well as an impressive coffee selection. Its laid-back, airy atmosphere makes anyone feel welcome!

Henry's Diner ($)

You can learn a lot about a person based on what they order at a diner. Henry's is super affordable for the college crowd and offers a wide variety of brunch foods including scrambles, waffles, pancakes, wraps, and homemade hash browns. The only downside is that you might find yourself sitting next to a couple of hungover frat boys who also thought Henry's was a good idea.

Revolution Kitchen ($$$)

Revolution Kitchen is not only my favorite restaurant in Burlington, but also a perfect date spot when you're feeling like treating yourself! Their dishes are all vegetarian- and most are vegan! I recommend the seitan picatta, scratch-made ravioli, and their maple cake (but really, anything on the menu is good).

Pho Hong ($)

Pho Hong is truly one of Burlington's gems. It's located in the Old North End on N. Winooski, next to a laundromat. Although it may have a very unsuspecting facade, Pho Hong is full of delicious Vietnamese food and has been the site of many of my first dates. During the summer, Pho Hong is bustling with outside tables and a popular take-out business. Order a bowl of pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) and get to the first-date banter! Oh, and did I mention it's BYOB?

Penny Cluse Cafe ($$)

Why does Penny Cluse ALWAYS have a line out the door? Well, simply put, it's THAT good! Gingerbread pancakes, fresh biscuits, huevos rancheros, and a never-ending cup of really good coffee is my kind of thing. Is it worth waiting up to two hours for? That's for you to decide.

The Great Northern ($$)

The Great Northern is a site for delicate cocktails and creative cooking! Their menu features oysters, chickpea fritters, fried chicken, rice bowls, and fun salads. It's a very hip, youthful, and fun member of Burlington's restaurant community.

Pizzeria Verita ($$) 

Verita is serving up upscale pizza and cocktails all night long. The restaurant setting is very intimate and ideal for a first date spot. Plus, who doesn't love pizza? 

Have a restaurant that didn't make it on the list? Let us know below!