Let's be real, asking someone to dinner can be slightly intimidating, especially the first time. You want to choose a place where your personality can shine and you both can enjoy the meal. These are the best first date spots in Birmingham for any college budget. They have great food and an enjoyable atmosphere to hopefully make that first date a little less awkward.  

Tip Top Grill 

This scenic breakfast and lunch spot will not disappoint your taste buds or your eyes as you look over Shades Valley. If it is a nice day out plan for outdoor seating and take in those Alabama blue skies (with a side of fries). 

Cow Fish Sushi Burger Bar 

If the name can't start a conversation, the yellow cow-fish mascot out front definitely will. Located in the Summit, Cow Fish, is the prime spot for a night of casual conversation before a movie. Don't fret if you can't fork over the movie for evening movie tickets, after dinner you can play corn hole or connect four before walking around the Summit.

Taylor Tucker

Slice 

Slice Stone Pizza and Brew serves up more than just pizza and beer. Their menu can satisfy even the pickiest of eaters- they offer gluten-free and vegan options. Before ordering one of their specialty pizzas, start with fire baked wings (trust me) or brown butter pasta. 

Paramount 

No date can go wrong when there are burgers, basketball, and Ms PacMan. Paramount Bar, located downtown, is the best spot for a date with a little competitive spirit and a big appetite. Choose any burger (or hot dog) on the menu and share rosemary fries. Or if you are like Joey, maybe get your own fries. 

Taylor Tucker

Bottega (The Cafe)

This recommendation may be on the higher end of the price range, but it cannot be left out of top-notch date spots. The Cafe is centered around dinners created in wood fire oven, but it is not just limited to pizza. The cafe mac and cheese is exceptional. Impress your date by first ordering the baked feta with spicy marinara & house-made focaccia. You do not need to worry about parking, there is the complimentary valet (just remember to tip!)

There you have it. You are now equipped with the best date spots in Birmingham. You can ask your date to watch the sunset or share the best Italian the south has to offer. Either way, they will be impressed and fully satisfied (at least with the food). Eat well.