Up and coming food trends have been popping up all over the place. Some of them are more unique than others, with one of the more unique trends being alcoholic desserts. It might seem absurd, but this list of the best alcoholic desserts in New York City will make you a believer.

1. Tipsy Scoop

beer, milk, dairy product
Zara Toh

Maybe I'm just biased for putting the love of my life first on this article, but I do so blatantly. For anyone reading this article, Tipsy Scoop is an alcoholic ice cream company based in New York City that has pints of ice cream available to ship, and their own brick-and-mortar barlour with sundaes, scoops, flights, pints, alcoholic hot chocolate, and ice cream sandwiches. Some of my personal flavors include vanilla bean bourbon, cake batter vodka martini, and spiked mint chocolate chip.

2. Sugar Factory

beverage, wine, cocktail, water
Jami Harrison

Sugar Factory may be known for their goblets. They're a mean 60 ounces and infused with candy, and did you know that each goblet has 10 shots of booze in them? Also, have you checked out their other cocktails? Such cocktails have literal cotton candy and pop rocks in them.

3. Butter & Scotch

cake, sprinkles, candy, cream, chocolate, sweet, goody, pastry, sweetmeat
Audrey Mirabito

While Butter & Scotch is in Brooklyn, that doesn't stop them from being just as boozy as their Manhattan counterparts. Butter & Scotch serves up a mean bourbon ginger pecan pie and their butter & scotchcorn is basically popcorn with salt and scotch brown butter.

4. Prohibition Bakery

cake, chocolate, cream, sweet, candy, sprinkles, pastry, cookie
Hunter Siegrist

Prohibition Bakery in New York City is known for their boozy cupcakes. Although the vast majority of the cupcakes that are served do have booze in them, Prohibition does have three virgin flavors including L'italiano which is cranberry with almond and rosemary, Nuts and Berries which is blackberry, lavender, walnut, and lemon, and a "For the Love of Bacon" flavor which contains bacon, toffee, and bittersweet chocolate.

5. Ayza Wine & Chocolate

champagne, wine, toast
Lucy Carlisle

For the vast majority of us, wine and chocolate seems to be a pretty solid combination that makes us happy. Although Ayza's a wine and chocolate bar, they do have the champagne strawberry, which essentially is chocolate and champagne with strawberry and caramel. Ayza also has cognac covered in caramel and chocolate.

6. ChikaLicious

white wine, alcohol, red wine, wine
Isabel Leeds

With their menu changing on a rapid basis, it appears to be that trying everything on the menu will become inevitable someday. Besides, who wouldn't want to be able to pair boozy desserts with even more booze? At ChikaLicious, you can pair their boozy dessert/prix fixe menu with wine for an additional $9 for regular wine or for $22 for prime and ice wines.

While all of the places mentioned in this article tend to serve booze on booze, can we really blame them for wanting to express their creativity via desserts and booze? Regardless of if whether your day went well or terribly, desserts and booze will always be around to comfort us when no one else is around to do so.