Everyone knows the struggle of finding the perfect brunch spot. One that's equally cute and cozy, but still serves amazing food. With a bunch of options, it's hard to pick one. So, I created a guide to all my favorite Bay Area brunch spots. This guide will give you a little explanation of what each place has to offer in terms of food, drinks, and aesthetic. 

Apple Fritter Eatery

Kelsey Tillinghast

Located in an what used to be a Taco Bell in Foster City, Apple Fritter Eatery serves up classic American food. Their restaurant has a super comforting vibe and the service is great, making it an amazing place to take your family and friends. 

Kelsey Tillinghast

Apple Fritter is well known for their "Luther" burger--a beef patty topped with cheese and bacon on a one of their house made glazed donuts. It may sound gross at first, but trust me this sweet and salty bite will leave you wanting more.

Kelsey Tillinghast

Aside from the best burger you'll ever eat, they serve up everything from a classic breakfast of pancakes and sausage to the best lunches, and everything in between. Everyone will be sure to find something they love on the menu!

Beachside

Kelsey Tillinghast

Beachside Coffee Bar and Kitchen, located on the corner of Judah and 44th, is one of my favorite eateries in The Bay. It has a very homey vibe--making it a particularly good place for Sunday brunch with the family or just meeting up with some friends.

Kelsey Tillinghast

Most importantly, Beachside serves some of the tastiest food in the Sunset. From waffles to burgers, soups and sandwiches, you'll be sure to find something you like on the menu.

Kelsey Tillinghast

One of my personal favorites is their chicken and waffles. Each is super fresh and made to order. The chicken is so thin and crispy and the waffle is dense with a crispy shell. It makes for an amazing combo. #SpoonTip: Get your food to go and sit on the beach!

Devil's Teeth Baking Company

Kelsey Tillinghast

Devil's Teeth on Noriega in the Outer Sunset is the cutest little hole in the wall kitchen and bakery. The store front is relatively small, making it a great place to grab food and go, but they have lots of outdoor seating so you can stay and enjoy the view of Ocean Beach.

Kelsey Tillinghast

Besides serving the most incredible baked goods, Devil's Teeth  makes amazing breakfast sandwiches and even comfort foods like lasagna and soup. #SpoonTip: Come on a Sunday for the freshest $1 beignets! 

Judahlicious

Kelsey Tillinghast

Located on the corner of Judah and 44th in the Outer Sunset, Judahlicious specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. They're cafe is extremely cute and a great place to catch up with friends.

Kelsey Tillinghast

In the neighborhood, Judalicious is well known for their amazing acaí. They make everything from acaí bowls, to smoothies, to a big scoop of it on top of a waffle, and it's all delicious. 

Kelsey Tillinghast

Judahlicious also serves the best vegan comfort food. They have everything from chili to tacos and burritos, and it's all vegan! So don't feel bad for indulging!

Palm House

Kelsey Tillinghast

Palm House, located on Union Street is a very tropical restaurant that specializes in island inspired food. The interior is decorated to make you feel like you're on vacation, making it a great place to meet up with the gals, or even go out with family! 

Kelsey Tillinghast

Palm House is only open for brunch on the weekends, making it a super popular place to stop. For brunch, they serve everything from waffles with caramelized bananas to the best avocado toast and eggs. Most importantly, they serve up some great brunch drinks, including their guava mimosa and Aperol spritz. #SpoonTip They're always packed on the weekends, so be sure to make a reservation!

Kelsey Tillinghast

Besides some delicious brunch, Palm House is also open for lunch and dinner. Although one of my favorites on their menu is the coconut crusted prawns, their lunch bowls are to die for! An added plus, they have lots of vegan options on the menu. 

Stacks 

Kelsey Tillinghast

Stacks is a Bay Area classic. They have multiple locations scattered around San Francisco and the Peninsula and are now even expanding to Southern California. Each location has a different interior, but has the same homey vibe. 

Kelsey Tillinghast

Most importantly, Stacks serves up the tastiest brunch you will ever eat. With everything from omelets to scrambles, to pancakes, and waffles, the whole family will be able to find something they love on the menu!

Kelsey Tillinghast

One of their most widely known, and my favorite, dishes is their banana, coconut, macadamia pancakes. Simply put, they're a taste of the islands in each bite.

Zazie

Kelsey Tillinghast

Zazie is an adorable little French bistro in the Cole Valley district of San Francisco. It has a very quaint vibe, making it a popular spot among SF residents and visitors alike. #SpoonTip: They get extremely busy, so be sure to make a reservation!

Kelsey Tillinghast

Most importantly, Zazie serves up a wide variety of brunch dishes. Including, a wide variety of eggs benedict and french toast. Plus, they are also open for dinner!

Kelsey Tillinghast

An added bonus for those broke college students like me, Zazie doesn't accept tips! All of their menu prices include a living wage, revenue share, paid family leave, fully funded health and dental insurance, paid time off, and a 401k with employer match. 

Bonus: Mr. Holmes Bakehouse

Kelsey Tillinghast

Mr. Holmes is a San Francisco classic. With its original location in SF and others popping up in Los Angeles and Asia, you'll be sure to find a location near you.

Kelsey Tillinghast

As you probably know by now, Mr. Holmes is famous for their cruffin--a cross between a croissant and a muffin. But what you might not know is they bake a bunch of other sweet treats daily--in fact they really don't serve the same thing two days in a row.

Kelsey Tillinghast

One of my personal favorites is their chocolate peanut butter monkey bread. It's made with the same light, flakey dough as their cruffins, but has a slight peanut butter flavor and is topped with puppy chow (Chex Cereal coated in a chocolate peanut butter sauce then tossed in powdered sugar). 

Whether you're a San Francisco native or just stopping by, hopefully this guide to some of the best Bay Area brunch spots gave you some sense of where to grab brunch--or even a new favorite place!