As an Asian food aficionado, I can proudly say I've tried all the popular (and not-so-popular) Chinese, Japanese and Thai restaurants around OU. After two and a half years of taste testing, I've narrowed it down to my top three favorite Asian restaurants in Norman.

1. Mr. Sushi

wasabi, sauce, cucumber, tuna, avocado, sushi
Sami Canavan

It doesn't surprise me that so few people have tried Mr. Sushi, simply because it's in such a strange location. People really only visit the Robinson Crossing Shopping Center (if you can even consider it a shopping center) to grab a sub at Jersey Mike's. Even though the location isn't aesthetically attractive, the food served inside Mr. Sushi will change your mind about coming to this area.

In my five-ish visits to Mr. Sushi, I've never eaten a disappointing roll. I especially like the Texas Roll (Texas forever!) and the Caterpillar Roll. And the gyoza, oh the gyoza - they're crunchy, meaty and so warm. You've gotta try them.

I know some readers are loyal to popular sushi spots like O Asian Fusion and 180 Meridian Grill, but give Mr. Sushi a try and I promise you'll have a new favorite.

2. Thai Delight 

sauce, avocado, salmon, fish, vegetable
Sami Canavan

Thai Delight is my go-to Asian restaurant, especially if I'm craving some Thai flavors but don't want to travel far to get it. Located at Jenkins and Boyd, Thai Delight offers something for every kind of Asian food eater. I mean, the menu is HUGE! Thai Delight's sushi is always beautifully prepared, fresh and satisfying, too. 

My all-time favorite dish as Thai Delight is the Pad Thai with chicken. I've never had Pad Thai that compares. I also recommend the gyoza and miso soup.

3. Koto Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi

pilaf, vegetable, fried rice, chicken, risotto, rice
Carly Aasheim

Koto is a gem in Norman. There are only two hibachi restaurants in town, and the other has a 2.5 star rating on Yelp... Koto, on the other hand, has earned a 4-star rating for its authentic Japanese food and entertaining experience.

Not only is the hibachi salty, warm and filling (extremely filling), but Koto's sushi is well-liked, too. Yelp reviewers rave about it.

When I visit Koto, I usually stick to the shrimp hibachi dinner. Buttery, warm, perfectly cooked shrimp? I think yes. The veggies and fried rice are always cooked perfectly, too.