If you walk too fast, you might just miss it: the best, most affordable pasta in greater Boston.

Sarah Daugherty

Bottega Fiorentina is a Brookline staple located on the corner of Harvard Street and Babcock Street. It is a two block walk north of the Coolidge Corner T stop, along the Green-C line, and is located at the heart of the bustling neighborhood center. Established in 1994, it has been met with overwhelming praise and was a 2017 Best Neighborhood Restaurant Winner in Boston Magazine. Known for their made-to-order pasta dishes, specialty Italian groceries, and authentic recipes, Bottega Fiorentina is an original fast casual dining experience.

From the moment you step inside, it feels like home. One large bench table takes up the majority of the space and connects you with other patrons. The restaurant is also WiFi free, and encourages its customers to engage with those around them and forget about their busy lives for a while.

After finding your spot to eat, head up to the counter and order something off of their extensive menu. My go to is the bow tie pasta with pomodoro sauce. Starting at $6.95 a plate it's the most affordable pasta I've ever had in greater Boston. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, the $4.99 pasta special on Sunday and Wednesday is such a great option for anyone dining on a budget, especially college students! 

Sarah Daugherty

There are nine base pastas to choose from including penne, bow tie, spaghetti, fettuccine, linguine, and a ravioli of the day. Some of the twenty-nine(!!!) available sauces include Alfredo, bolognese, arrabbiata, and a trademarked sauce called fedora, which is made with tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, and cream. Each dish comes with a basket of bread to munch on while you wait for your pasta to come up at the counter or to soak up every last drop of sauce once you're done. However, if pasta isn't your favorite Italian meal there are plenty of other alternatives.

Sandwich options include vegetable, caprese, and prosciutto. There are also a variety of salads and antipasto plates, all at super affordable prices. Even if that's not enough for you, browse the aisle of authentic Italian groceries; you will likely find something you enjoy...especially if it is a giant bucket of Nutella. (Spoon tip: if you buy the big bucket, check out these 13 Things to Do With Nutella).

No trip to Bottega Fiorentina is complete without a delicious dessert. They offer specialty desserts every day as well as a variety of coffees. Try the tiramisu or a traditional cannoli.

After a filling and delicious meal, take some time to walk around Coolidge Corner, hitting up some neighborhood icons, like Brookline Booksmith and The Coolidge Corder Theatre. These local businesses make up much of the character of the area and highlight the energy of the neighborhood. And if you're still hungry, stop by J. P. Licks, a legendary ice cream chain among Bostonians. 

Sarah Daugherty

No matter how you fit Bottega Fiorentina into your schedule, or what activities you do along the way, I am positive the best pasta in greater Boston will exceed your expectations and provide you with an amazing, authentic experience.