When in search of a new brunch spot this Spring, head over to The Barrel in the East Village. Located across the street from NYU’s Alumni Hall, this upscale tapas bar also offers a surprisingly affordable and satisfying brunch menu served with a free mimosa or bellini.

If you’re in the mood for a light breakfast, order the eggs florentine. It comes with a mini fruit cup and a cucumber tomato salad. The eggs are drizzled with hollandaise sauce and the egg whites are both moist and fluffy. The English muffin is nicely toasted and has the perfect amount of butter.  With the pairing of citrus sweetness and creamy saltiness, this dish can satisfy almost any craving.

Spring Brunch at The Barrel

Photo by Heather Harris

Sometimes comfort food is the only cure to a long and stressful week of exams. When the time comes, the macaroni and cheese at The Barrel is a clear standout. Served in a round brown bowl and sprinkled with breadcrumbs and parsley, the top layer is crisp while the inside is warm and gooey. This portion is large so you may have leftovers.

With a brunch menu that is light on both the stomach and wallet, The Barrel is a must-try for post-exam comfort food.

cheap

Address:  10 Stuyvesant St (between 11th and 12th)
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 11:30am-12am; Sat 10am-2am; Sun 10am-11pm